Trusted Contributor

Re: MY ILLUMINATED SNOWMAN CLOCHE BY VALERIE IS OUT FOR DELIVERY. IS YOURS?

On 8/28/2014 yellowkitty said:

Thanks for the tip JPC and hope it works for everyone I will let you know how it go tonight. Hope it works MTH

You are welcome yellowkitty, hopefully that is the problem and it will work for everyone. Fingers crossed.

JPC

Trusted Contributor

On 8/28/2014 MTH said:

Hey all: Mousiegirl mentioned on another thread that there is a trick to setting the timer. She said it was mentioned but I don't recall that and I don't see it in my instructions. Maybe someone can ask Valerie on FB before we all jump the gun and send them back. She said that it was discussed that it can't simply be turned to the timer off the bat. I will try to go back and listen to the presentation but if anyone finds out anymore, please post it.

MTH, I just went back and listened to the video which was just showing the angels and was only 4 minutes something long and nothing was said about it. Valerie just mentioned where the battery box was at and the size and number of batteries needed for it.

Hopefully someone can come up with what was said and where. If I come up with it, I will let you know but do try it on the on position for the time being.

JPC

Contributor

Well, count me in as another one whose timer doesn't work correctly. It would not shut off in "timer" mode, but did shut off after 4 hours when I had it in the "on" position. I am waiting to see if it comes back on tonight.

You would think for almost $70.00, these things would be better quality. What a disappointment!

I do like everything else about it though. I am lucky that the cloche fit the stand very well.

Hope the timer doesn't go completely out but at least I will still be able to use the cloche and base for something else.

Hope others have better luck with this piece.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/28/2014 DogMom said:

Well, count me in as another one whose timer doesn't work correctly. It would not shut off in "timer" mode, but did shut off after 4 hours when I had it in the "on" position. I am waiting to see if it comes back on tonight.

You would think for almost $70.00, these things would be better quality. What a disappointment!

I do like everything else about it though. I am lucky that the cloche fit the stand very well.

Hope the timer doesn't go completely out but at least I will still be able to use the cloche and base for something else.

Sounds to me like the battery box is not marked correctly and is backwards. I'm guessing since it worked for you and for yellowkitty on the on position, that that is really the timer position. MTH is going to give hers a try that way.

Let us know if it comes back on tonight DogMom. Hopefully this will solve our problems. I haven't received mine but when I do, I am just going to turn it to on and see what happens.

There is still hope for these cloches

And hopefully someone on FB will ask Valerie about them. If that is the case that they are printed wrong, she should know about it.

JPC

Contributor

On 8/28/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:

Sounds to me like the battery box is not marked correctly and is backwards. I'm guessing since it worked for you and for yellowkitty on the on position, that that is really the timer position. MTH is going to give hers a try that way.

Let us know if it comes back on tonight DogMom. Hopefully this will solve our problems. I haven't received mine but when I do, I am just going to turn it to on and see what happens.

And hopefully someone on FB will ask Valerie about them. If that is the case that they are printed wrong, she should know about it.

JPC

I will definitely let you know tomorrow if it comes back on. If it does, I'm just going to take a Sharpie pen and put a "T" on the on position so I will remember to set it on that the next time I use it.

I think the factory really goofed when they assembled a lot of these timers and they have them wired or labeled backwards.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks DogMom, am anxious to see if it comes back on.

JPC

Honored Contributor

JPC

I couldn't try that because I could never get mine to light in the on position. I sure hope it will work for most people though. I'm reading product reviews on QVC and I'm pretty sure the reviewers haven't tried the timers.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/28/2014 MTH said:

Hey all: Mousiegirl mentioned on another thread that there is a trick to setting the timer. She said it was mentioned but I don't recall that and I don't see it in my instructions. Maybe someone can ask Valerie on FB before we all jump the gun and send them back. She said that it was discussed that it can't simply be turned to the timer off the bat. I will try to go back and listen to the presentation but if anyone finds out anymore, please post it.

MTH, I just went back and listened to the video which was just showing the angels and was only 4 minutes something long and nothing was said about it. Valerie just mentioned where the battery box was at and the size and number of batteries needed for it.

Hopefully someone can come up with what was said and where. If I come up with it, I will let you know but do try it on the on position for the time being.

JPC

I couldn't find any instruction like that either so I put it in the "on" position when I got home and I'll see what happens in 4 hours. If it goes off, I'll leave it to see if it comes back on tomorrow at the same time. Not that I'm happy that its not really right but it would be worth it to be able to use it at all. I wonder if anyone on FB has let Valerie know about this problem. Valerie seems to address FB questions/issues pretty quickly so she may have words of wisdom about it or at least should be made aware of it. Maybe we are all crazy and didn't hear anything about setting the timer.

Honored Contributor

MTH - I will paste here my asnwer on the other cloche thread, but my answer isn't much use.

You have all probably tried every combo. I don't use timers much. Maybe turn it to the "on" position, then to the opposite side of the timer, then to the timer. I wish I could remember exactly what was said. During Christmas, I had the red spheres on the dining room table, and turned them on. I was surprised to walk in there the next night to see them on, and don't know what I did except push the lever to one side until it lit, but I think in my ignorance, maybe by pushing it to one side, and it didn't light, and so pushed it to the other side, it lit, and that was that.

I can't remember which show the instructions were on, darn it, wasn't paying much attention, just remember that there were instructions. Hopefully, people will ask her on facebook, I don't go there, and DD is away now, so can't ask her what to do. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 lucymo said:

JPC

I couldn't try that because I could never get mine to light in the on position. I sure hope it will work for most people though. I'm reading product reviews on QVC and I'm pretty sure the reviewers haven't tried the timers.

That would cause me to send it back, not working on the "on" position.