Valued Contributor

Re: Lunch Special..3 CI Shell candles $12.49

@ChiliPepper wrote:

It must be me because I never have any luck with the candles that take the button batteries. They just do not hold up for me.

Love the look though!

I thought about that, but for the price I may not even replace the batteries if the original ones that come with them don't last long. Supposed to last 500 hrs. They are substantial in size so I think they will look great even not lit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey, if you like nautical/sea shore, check out the sea horse (H202281).

I have it in blue (gone now???) & it is BEAUTIFUL!

Honored Contributor

@country gal wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

It must be me because I never have any luck with the candles that take the button batteries. They just do not hold up for me.

Love the look though!

I thought about that, but for the price I may not even replace the batteries if the original ones that come with them don't last long. Supposed to last 500 hrs. They are substantial in size so I think they will look great even not lit.

@country gal

Very true! I do LOVE the look & the price. My main bathroom is seashore/nautical. Hard to find pretty things that don't look cheap.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the heads up. I had bought a set of these and gave them individually as birthday gifts but always wanted a set for myself so now I got them. I'm anxious for them to arrive. I have nautical/seashell theme decor in my living room and guest bath.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

Love the look though!

No button battery candles here either. Hate them!

They die so quickly, and the batteries are expensive, so I just move on.

I've actually had pretty positive experiences with newer items that take the CR2450 batteries including H204902 (ED on Air Fruit Luminaries) and H204525 (Home Reflections Mosaic Eggs - which I believe are coming back to YHJ tonight).  The eggs, in particular, lasted 3 months and have a six hour timer.  I know that the seashells are older, so they may not fair as well as the newer items in terms of battery life.  Fortunately, I bought these batteries in bulk a few years ago, so I don't mind changing them out regularly.

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

Love the look though!

I've actually had pretty positive experiences with newer items that take the CR2450 batteries including H204902 (ED on Air Fruit Luminaries) and H204525 (Home Reflections Mosaic Eggs - which I believe are coming back to YHJ tonight).  The eggs, in particular, lasted 3 months and have a six hour timer.  I know that the seashells are older, so they may not fair as well as the newer items in terms of battery life.  Fortunately, I bought these batteries in bulk a few years ago, so I don't mind changing them out regularly.

@PeterDM

Good to know that maybe the technology is getting better and the battery life is lengthening. 

If anything new comes down the pike that I think I just can't live without, maybe I'll give it a spin!

Esteemed Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

I bought my first CI last week on a lunchtime special- love them!!!  The poinsetta set- I have the taller candles in my front window and the light is so welcoming when I get home from work!

@Ibby114

I got these too. They are beautiful aren't they???!!!

I can't quite figure out what makes them "poinsettia" though. They just look like a gorgeous swirly pattern which is actually better for me.

Love them!!!

If you look really closely at the embossing you see the flower- but it's incredibly subtle in a cream colored candle. They definitely don't scream 'holiday' - in fact I don't even celebrate Christmas and I bought them anyway! 

I know these seashell candles were a lts  before, I hope they revisit the poinsettas also.   I'll defintiely buy another set!

Esteemed Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

Love the look though!

If one gets 500 hrs from these, as CI states, that's great life from a button battery I think.

I have two different experiences with CR2450 batteries.  

I have Pacific Accents tealights which use 2 EACH of the 2450s.  They last a nice long time.  I haven't kept up with just how long, but I'm impressed.  They do glow orange, though, so that isn't the greatest.  

I have the Mystique (moving flame like Luminara) tealights, which also use 2450s, and I'm not having good results with them.  I've tried both Panasonic and Energizers, and I'm getting 10-12 days on timer.

Mentioning this last part because I found it odd and it might help someone else.  With the Mystique tealights, on the next night, when they don't turn back on, if I switch them from timer, to off, then on, then off, then back to timer, they will usually light for at least one more night (several hours for sure) on timer.  If they fail to turn on the following night, I repeat, and so on, for another few nights until they're all used up. This could be a timer issue or just weakening batteries, but either way, I'm aggravated with it, but at the same time glad to squeeze a bit more life from the batteries.  HTH.

Honored Contributor

I've had good luck ordering the CR2450 Energizer batteries on ebay for a better price than locally.  I've also have some that I ordered about three years ago and they are still working well. 

Valued Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

I've had good luck ordering the CR2450 Energizer batteries on ebay for a better price than locally.  I've also have some that I ordered about three years ago and they are still working well. 

What is a good price for this type of battery? I don't own anything that takes these, so I have never purchased any. Thanks