Esteemed Contributor

Re: Luminara post on Facebook

That was nice of them to post the info.

and a big Thank you mallemo for posting this here for ""us"" non-facebookers.

Honored Contributor

On 9/22/2014 SHOPR said:
On 9/22/2014 graycatsrule said: The weird thing is they weren't all pulled at once. Better than half the first pull. Then a day or two later, the rest. This doesn't help my quandary. I ordered 2 candles, sent one back. Instead of waiting on a replacement, I ordered right away. They were pulled a day or two after I ordered and my order went to advanced sales. I don't want just one. With no date in sight, do I send my one back?

If I wanted two of that specific candle really bad, I think I would message Susan Matthews on FB and explain how you got caught right in the middle of this ordeal and need some direction. CS is of no help in this kind of situation, as you learned. Someone closer to the company could possibly shed some more light. It might be worth a try.

About the candles getting pulled in two batches: If I remember correctly, the first

ones to disappear were the ones seen on air and promoted on Q, and were likely in Q's possession. The remaining ones after that were the ones we never see presented. I can't think of the correct word to call that kind of merchandise. Think of how Valerie has a selection of wreaths, arrangements, chairs, rugs, headboards, etc. that never get presented. They just remain there on the website, like they aren't even stocked by QVC.

good idea. I don't do facebook, but I'll get a friend to do it. thanks

Trusted Contributor

mallemo....thanks so much for checking this out on facebook and letting us all know. I was looking forward to the swirl ones that GF posted a week or so ago. This is really crazy and I am totally confused that the Q didn't try to peddle the ones they had in inventory to get rid of them. I always thought that what they had in inventory they had already purchased but I could be wrong about that.

It is too bad as these candles were truly loved by many. I have sold many for them to people that had never seen them or shopped at the Q but bought them after seeing mine. I did like the ones from CI from their website and the price looked good too. Hoping they bring them to the Q so we can see them in person.

Thanks again for watching out for us mallemo.

JPC

Respected Contributor

I wonder if the Luminara people were upset when QVC started selling Solara, which is very similar. Perhaps Luminara wanted to be exclusive and QVC couldn't/wouldn't agree.

Trusted Contributor

Good thought suzeecat plus whoever the maker of Solara probably got their idea from Luminara and just changed the ""wick"" to get past the legality of it.

Honored Contributor

My 2 Churchill Lanterns are being delivered today.......glad I ordered them in August.

Honored Contributor

Jill recently posted on her FB page that Luminara would be back for the holidays.

Respected Contributor

On 9/23/2014 LipstickDiva said:

Jill recently posted on her FB page that Luminara would be back for the holidays.

Possibility, this is just a publicity stunt for QVC and Luminara. People will now be watching for the show and there will be a sell out for sure.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/22/2014 sashamatthews said:

So when will they show up on HSN?

Exactly what I'm thinking.

Honored Contributor

Has anyone purchased the Candle Impressions Mirage Candle? I do love the battery life they offer. I wonder if QVC will have them in the near future.