Honored Contributor

Has QVC ever carried Luminara wax tapered candles? I don't want the candle holders, I have my own.  I've actually found some at BBB, but they are pricey!  Just wondering if QVC had, and may possibly re-stock, these beauties at a better deal.

Valued Contributor

Re: Luminara Tapered Candles

@Caaareful Shopper

Yes they have. I bought a pair sometime ago, but they are not being sold at this time.  Perhaps the reason they are no longer being sold is because they had too many returns.  I loved them, but after a couple months of using them with the daily timer, one stopped flickering. It still lit up but there was no longer any movement to it.  It was too late for me to send them back for a refund.

I loved them so much if they came back with a new and improved version I would be willing to buy another set. I wouldn't buy them unless they were re-designed, because from the reviews, it looks like there was just an inherent flaw in the design I bought.  

I don't remember how much they cost, but I'm thinking they were around the $38.00 - $42.00 range for the pair.  You can still see the video if you search item # H207220

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much @CaliKat   

Since there seems to have been a flaw in the design, I'm hoping they are indeed working on new ones for sale soon.  BBB has them for $49.99 for two candles.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper

I wonder if the Luminara tapers at BBB are a new design, or if they're the same ones I have?

I just noticed that Mirage by Candle Impressions is selling 4 - 9" taper candles, to be used in your own holders. They're on sale for $24.60.

They're not exactly like Luminara but they do have a slight flicker that gives the impression of movement.  They come in white, ivory and red.

It's a great price for 4 candles. Also, with the Christmas in July return policy, this is a good time to buy them. They can be used in your home for 6 months, and if they stop working during that time you can return them for a refund.

ETA: The item number is H 208383

Honored Contributor

@CaliKat   I tried Mirage candles a while back (not tapered) from Target.  I don't care for them; they don't move, and the timer function was unduly complicated for a candle. LOL  I must have gotten an early version of them. 

Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

I have some Mirage candles that I bought through Zulily, and they work just fine. As a matter of fact, the batteries las tlonger than some of my Luminara candles. LOL

I ahve not treid the tapers, but I hope to get some before the holidays.

Occasional Contributor

I have several of the luminara tapered candles and would love to be able to get them inPurple and pink so that I could use them during Advent season as I don't use candles that need to be lit as I have my fur babies and don't want any accidents. I know there must be others who would like these available. Thanks

New Contributor

Try the batteryoperatedcandles website.  They have tons of Luminar on there, tapers and other stuff, more colors too.