Esteemed Contributor

I asked this in Customer Care, too, but not sure many visit that forum:

So far I've only seen one video presentation of the TSV, and Mary was the host.   If anyone reading has watched quite a bit today, have you heard any hosts or vendors acknowledge the red, navy, and green lanterns in any way?  Just curious. 

Valued Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

My rechargeable Luminara votives glow from the inside as well as from the flame on top. It's lame that the one included in this lantern doesn't glow from within.

@RazorSharp...That is what I am looking for in the Luminara tealights/votives. I want that "glow from within" feature. Would you mind telling me where you purchased your votives? Are they wax and not the plastic? Thank you!

Contributor

In the question section of the TSV description, someone asked about the red, blue and green. A QVC spokesperson answered that those colors will not be offered.

Frequent Contributor

Shopr, I have been watching a lot of the presentations and also waiting to see if they mention the other colors first advertised. Which they have not. I would think with the email going out plus the video showing the other colors it definitely should be addressed. 

Trusted Contributor

@mallemo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

My rechargeable Luminara votives glow from the inside as well as from the flame on top. It's lame that the one included in this lantern doesn't glow from within.

@RazorSharp...That is what I am looking for in the Luminara tealights/votives. I want that "glow from within" feature. Would you mind telling me where you purchased your votives? Are they wax and not the plastic? Thank you!

@mallemo I purchased the rechargeable votives from the old Luminara website about 3 years ago.  It was shortly thereafter that the website was moved or disappeared.  The votives were unpopular, because they were expensive (I think I paid $125/set) and the charge lasts just under 4 nights on a 5 hour timer.  I charge mine up on Thursday or Friday night, put them out in sconces all through my home, and enjoy them for the weekend.  They are not wax, they are a soft resin.  I prefer this, because they are easier to clean, and they look real.  If you're getting close enough to determine that they are not wax, you're getting close enough to determine that they're not real at all, so, to me, the resin is much better in terms of cleaning.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Luminara TSV

[ Edited ]

@mardy wrote:

Shopr, I have been watching a lot of the presentations and also waiting to see if they mention the other colors first advertised. Which they have not. I would think with the email going out plus the video showing the other colors it definitely should be addressed. 

@mardy and @MOMOF2BOYS, Thanks for your replies.

If I were a host, I would have difficulty not mentioning the red, green, and navy, since the red and navy are so obvious in the pre-recorded video shots.  :-)

Trusted Contributor

Did we get an explanation about what happened to the red and navy?  I wonder if the order from the factory was messed up or delayed?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Luminara TSV

[ Edited ]

@mallemo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@mallemo, I know that @RazorSharp has answered you, but I thought you might like to know that the Mystique brand tealights and tall votives both glow from within around the top section, and they are the same Luminara flame technology.  They are ivory resin or plastic.

There are pros and cons, though, to consider.  The tealights have the twist-into-place-with-a-coin locking bottom where you change button batteries.  I've not had one break yet, but my mom has broken one of hers.  I can see where these would eventually wear out due to the constant battery changing (every 10-12 days on average for me, if I keep up with them) and another poster mentioned issues she had with them.

The other con is that in the taller votives, the inner workings cause lighter and darker areas to show up inside the lower part of the votive, which is noticeable, but to what degree depends on where you place them. 

Pros would be lower price and usually available at places like Overstock and Amazon.

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g418/UnderTheseTrees/20160609_111736-11_zpszayqdqdh.jpg

Valued Contributor

WHAT IS THE TSV LANTERN MADE OF ???

I only caught part of one presentation -- are they metal ???  wood ???  Looked through all the comments here and the online description, but no info.  I luv them and ordered 2 but would still like to know.

Do any of you know?

Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT IS THE TSV LANTERN MADE OF ???

@shoptheQ wrote:

I only caught part of one presentation -- are they metal ???  wood ???  Looked through all the comments here and the online description, but no info.  I luv them and ordered 2 but would still like to know.

Do any of you know?

@shoptheQ  Metal, as usual.