Esteemed Contributor

Re: Luminara Heritage Lantern

@BornToShop wrote:

@CJC wrote:

This is a killer lantern!  The 16" in slate arrived today.  It's a medium blue green color, a teal, with just a hint of gray undertone.  Perfect shade to compliment so many decor colors IMO.   

I am impatiently waiting for my slate lantern.  Would you say it is more on the light & brighter side or more subdued?  TIA!

I've been wondering that, too, @BornToShop.  Good question.

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

When someone receives their 12" TSV lantern, would you mind measuring its height?  It is listed as 12 1/2" high x 6" wide.  I'd like to know how tall the actual lantern is, not including the hanging loop. 

My 19" & 16" ivory measure respectively to the top not including the hanging hoop.  I am thinking they would remain consistent, so the 12" would be accordingly.  I am hallucinating over the slate hue which is TBD!  I would be tempted to order the 19 & 16" in slate if I am happy with the 12" I am waiting for.  There is also the possibility of a new, beautiful Luminara line of lanterns.  Hmmm, what to do...

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

When someone receives their 12" TSV lantern, would you mind measuring its height?  It is listed as 12 1/2" high x 6" wide.  I'd like to know how tall the actual lantern is, not including the hanging loop. 

My 19" & 16" ivory measure respectively to the top not including the hanging hoop.  I am thinking they would remain consistent, so the 12" would be accordingly.  I am hallucinating over the slate hue which is TBD!  I would be tempted to order the 19 & 16" in slate if I am happy with the 12" I am waiting for.  There is also the possibility of a new, beautiful Luminara line of lanterns.  Hmmm, what to do...

Thanks for that, @BornToShop.  It wouldn't surprise me at all to see a new style of Luminara lantern come about.  You know QVC, when they offer something and it's successful, they squeeze every bit of life out of the idea until we are sometimes begging for them to focus on something different.  LOL.

Honored Contributor

@Nevadablue  What a bummer!  So sorry that happened to you..again.  Will you reorder now?

Respected Contributor

I've seen lanterns like this at BB&B, Tuesday Morning and TJ Maxx much less expensive. 

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I've seen lanterns like this at BB&B, Tuesday Morning and TJ Maxx much less expensive. 

@Sunshine Kate  Do they have a Luminara candle in them?

Respected Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@Sunshine Kate  Do they have a Luminara candle in them?

I doubt they are Luminara brand, but I don't know.  They are a heck of a lot cheaper and look the same.  

I've had the Luminara brand candles and have had trouble with them -- especially for the inflated cost.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like this one at Joann's website. 

It is 13" tall and they also sell one that is 11" tall.

In The Garden 13'' Ceramic LED Lantern-Blue

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

Thanks for that, @BornToShop.  It wouldn't surprise me at all to see a new style of Luminara lantern come about.  You know QVC, when they offer something and it's successful, they squeeze every bit of life out of the idea until we are sometimes begging for them to focus on something different.  LOL.

It doesn't matter to me the size increments of the Heritage lanterns, but that gosh darn hue the slate is what is bugging me.  Unfortunately,  it is only in the eye of the beholder.  

Honored Contributor

My slate is out for delivery today!!! I can't wait to see it.  Has anyone gotten theirs yet?