Valued Contributor

Re: Luminara Heritage Lantern

@mallemo

On both my laptop and my Dh's tablet, it looks teal with maybe a tinge of graying. But then, they are both Apple products.

Honored Contributor

It looks more like a baby blue to me.  I am looking for the teal/aqua color and was hoping this was it.  I was going to order the ivory just to be safe.  Now I'm on the fence if it is indeed a tealish color. 

Honored Contributor

I'm looking at the Slate one in the Insider and it looks blue to me, not at all what I would call slate.  But, when presented it may be more of a gray.  I'd be afraid to order it counting on it being Slate though until someone describes the color.

Valued Contributor

I really like the 19" black one I purchased a few months ago.  I put a candle wrap by Lori Grenier on it, which is on Clearance here now.  It is called WrapItz:

http://www.qvc.com/Set-of-12-Wrapitz-Decorative-Sheets-by-Lori-Gre.product.H197861.html?upsh=1&sc=H1...

The wrap fits just right around the candle (at least, the 19" candle...but I'm thinking they are all a uniform size, perhaps?)  & it looked so pretty that now I'm getting a second one, to pair them up on either side of the hearth.  The battery life on my current lantern is terrific, & I'm hoping the new one will be just as good.  Then, I'm sure I'll want several more to place at an entry-way....these are rather addicting, aren't they?!

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Honored Contributor

@mallemo@Serenity-Now@lucymo@Pecky@Nomore

The picture shown in the "Blue Skies for Me" blog make the slate one appear blue.  Not what I thought .... I was thinking of how tempted I would be if the black were more of a grayish... so, at least I don't have to worry about being tempted by another color!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@mallemo wrote:

Will be the TSV on 2/16 in 4 sizes and 4 colors. A new 12" size plus the 16", 19" and 25". New Slate color along with the Black, Garnet Red and Ivory.

I have the 16 & 19" in Ivory & the 19" in the Red & Black.  I would love it if the questionable blue/slate hue is a teal color.  I can't wait to see the 12" size.  If only I knew Luminara was coming out with an entirely different lantern style, I wouldn't be so over-saturated on this one style.  Mallemo, I am counting on your sleuthing to keep us all posted!  

Esteemed Contributor

If the slate does in fact turn out to be teal (or dusty seafoam, etc.) then I may be tempted after all.  The small 12" could be so easily tucked in somewhere in my living room, where I use that color.  I will try to watch to get a good look at the color on air.  I appreciate any color opinions once it starts airing.   

Esteemed Contributor

I have over 20 luminara candles already and love them.  But, I do NOT have the lanterns.  If the candle inside is "fixed", I will NOT buy them.  It would a waste of money because if the candle stop working, then the lantern would be useless.  However, if you can remove the candle in these, then I might consider.  They are listed in the Insider magazine I have....I'll have to go check.

Valued Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

I have over 20 luminara candles already and love them.  But, I do NOT have the lanterns.  If the candle inside is "fixed", I will NOT buy them.  It would a waste of money because if the candle stop working, then the lantern would be useless.  However, if you can remove the candle in these, then I might consider.  They are listed in the Insider magazine I have....I'll have to go check.

@shell garden...The candle is fixed with 4 screws but those can be removed easily.

Valued Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@mallemo wrote:

Will be the TSV on 2/16 in 4 sizes and 4 colors. A new 12" size plus the 16", 19" and 25". New Slate color along with the Black, Garnet Red and Ivory.

I have the 16 & 19" in Ivory & the 19" in the Red & Black.  I would love it if the questionable blue/slate hue is a teal color.  I can't wait to see the 12" size.  If only I knew Luminara was coming out with an entirely different lantern style, I wouldn't be so over-saturated on this one style.  Mallemo, I am counting on your sleuthing to keep us all posted!  

@BornToShop...Hey BTS! I'm not sure if Luminara will offer another lantern style. I do like this one though. They are just too tempting!