Valued Contributor

From Grandin Road

Set of Five Shenandoah Candle Rings

Honored Contributor

Re: Lovely Fall candle rings

@mallemo wrote:

From Grandin Road

Set of Five Shenandoah Candle Rings

I had seen that Shenandoah collection and it's lovely! I love Grandin Road decor...lots of exclusive pieces there. Thanks to Marsha2003, I got the 'Finley Hill wreath and candle rings'. The black plaid bow coordinated perfectly in our kitchen and I love the fruit/coloration of all the elements too.

I also zoomed in on the 'winter berry' candle rings...OMG! TDF!!! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Just discovered this site yesterday when someone posted about their things.

Love their garlands and wreaths. That is the quality and fullness that I wish VPH would offer. You are definitely getting more and better quality, and the price is more, but I'd rather have great quality and fewer pieces. They really make a statement.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, you are getting me in more trouble.  Thanks to your post and pictures Melleno I own 2 sets of the Finley Hall fruit candle rings.  They work well with LR fruit wreaths, garlands from QVC, I also picked up the 5pc Gold candle sticks, must have with the candle rings.  Then I picked up the gold flameless candles from GR last year to work with it for Christmas. I purchased the floral candle this spring.  You have great taste in you decor.  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@ripka junkie wrote:

Thanks, you are getting me in more trouble.  Thanks to your post and pictures Melleno I own 2 sets of the Finley Hall fruit candle rings.  They work well with LR fruit wreaths, garlands from QVC, I also picked up the 5pc Gold candle sticks, must have with the candle rings.  Then I picked up the gold flameless candles from GR last year to work with it for Christmas. I purchased the floral candle this spring.  You have great taste in you decor.  Thank you!

You are my enabler today  Smiley Tongue .............TY!!! LOL  Smiley Very Happy

After reading your post and all the great reviews...SOLD! I just ordered them...lucky I got a Free S&H offer when I  ordered the wreath and candle rings since there is no coupon code for any % off right now Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Regarding the candle rings, I have the winterberry,  I find that  a candle base has to be three inches or under for the candles to fit inside the rings.

Super Contributor

The candle rings and candle sticks are gorgeous!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mallemo, I saw the Shenandoah collection when I ordered my Finley Hill wreath (which arrived in about a week, I'm happy to report) and thought the fall leaves were so pretty.

Susan Louise, I like the winter berry, too, and I'm glad you like the Finley Hill collection.  I agree that the color story for that collection is lovely.

Mousiegirl, I find that at least two or three of the GR candle rings usually will accommodate the standard Luminara candle width.  The others, I cut with wire cutters and wire back together a bit larger with florist's wire.  Since the foliage is so lush, the cut area is easy to cover or you can move it to the back where it doesn't show.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marsha2003 wrote:

Mallemo, I saw the Shenandoah collection when I ordered my Finley Hill wreath (which arrived in about a week, I'm happy to report) and thought the fall leaves were so pretty.

Susan Louise, I like the winter berry, too, and I'm glad you like the Finley Hill collection.  I agree that the color story for that collection is lovely.

Mousiegirl, I find that at least two or three of the GR candle rings usually will accommodate the standard Luminara candle width.  The others, I cut with wire cutters and wire back together a bit larger with florist's wire.  Since the foliage is so lush, the cut area is easy to cover or you can move it to the back where it doesn't show.

Marsha, I think Luminara is around 3", as I have several sets.  I don't know if I am crafty enough to cut and rewire, but it is good to know that it is possible if I get brave enough. Smiley Happy  I wouldn't try it with my winteberry as I find the rings very fragile.  Just laying one on top of a pillar, two twigs and a good sized green piece fell off.  I didn't use them last year, but will this year, but I don't expect many years out of them.  Maybe I just received a flimsy set.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

Marsha, I think Luminara is around 3", as I have several sets.  I don't know if I am crafty enough to cut and rewire, but it is good to know that it is possible if I get brave enough. Smiley Happy  I wouldn't try it with my winteberry as I find the rings very fragile.  Just laying one on top of a pillar, two twigs and a good sized green piece fell off.  I didn't use them last year, but will this year, but I don't expect many years out of them.  Maybe I just received a flimsy set.

Thanks for posting about the winterberry rings mousiegirl.  Sorry to hear they aren't all that well made. I'm fairly crafty, so I will try and give it a go on making my own and use the pick at GR as my guide and this fall I will go to HL and pick out the supplies.