Valued Contributor

Looking to decorate/update Bedroom...

I would really like to redo our bedroom.  I recently repainted ( a soft neutral eggshell color ), and I am looking to replace the bedding with a new comforter/pillows/a throw blanket.

Can anyone recommend an online store that offers high quality bedding (I don’t want something that looks nice, but is cheap/scratchy feeling).  I purchased a duvet a couple years ago that looked great online, but I was very disappointed in the quality (should have returned it 🙁)

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking to decorate/update Bedroom...

I have always liked what The Company Store offers - especially if you like warm and snuggly. Not sure of your climate.

Honored Contributor

Pottery Barn

Soft Surroundings

Bed, Bath and Beyond

Macy's

Honored Contributor

I don't know what your budget is, but Pottery Barn has very nice bedding.  They have duvet covers,comforters, quilts, sheets and throws.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

All the above and I seem to remember LL Bean has nice bedding but for a nice price... I used to like to shop for bedding at Bloomies, but those days are long gone... I'm not buying much bedding these days. don't need it, but I've had reasonably good luck with some sheets from Target...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

I recently purchased sheets and pillowcases from Yves Delorme (from their outlet store in Charlottesville, VA, but you can go to their website and click on the "Shop Outlet" link for discounts) and a beautiful duvet cover and sets of matching and coordinating shams from Crate and Barrel.  I love the look of mixing different patterns and textures, and the bed is so cozy and feels like I'm sleeping at a lovely B&B.  It was expensive, but what a difference to splurge on beautiful linens.

Honored Contributor

@Swedishmiss   Pottery Barn will be having a lot of sales this week and beyond.  I purchased several years back a duvet that is off white and the pattern is raised in same color thus it does not show any wrinkles.  I love this duvet.  PB has quality products.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

Martha Stewart's Macy's line of bedding, towels is good quality.

Frequent Contributor

I love Serena and Lily!

Trusted Contributor

I agree with the other replies. I've had great experiences with the linen section of Macys.com and usually go there first. Martha Stewart stuff tends to be good quality, and the Macys house brands are excellent.

I like the other sources mentioned like Company Store, SoftSurroundings and Pottery Barn -- but it's easy to find expensive bedding that's fabulous. Affordable is harder.

Oddly, I found some bedding with the Better Homes & Gardens brand name, from Walmart. It's inexpensive but what I've bought has surprised me with the quality and durability. I once sewed together two flat sheets to make a duvet cover for an Ikea duvet, and I love it. Things change, though, and it's been 3 or 4 years since my last purchase.

Last point, you might try Etsy. It takes a bit of work to rummage through all the shops and offerings, but there is some amazing stuff there.