Valued Contributor

I'm always tempted to buy this ladder. They make it look so easy to set up and move around Would love to hear from anyone who has this ladder.

Is it complicated to open and change sizes?

Is it very heavy?

Appreciate any feedback

Ceci

Honored Contributor

My DH likes this ladder for ease of set up and the different configurations but he complains that the rungs hurt his feet so he doesn't like to use it if he will be on it a long time, like painting a ceiling. When we lived in Pa he used it a lot to  clean in our 2 story high entryway because he could use it on the stairs. Our painter also had one and he loved it but said he only wears work boots when he is painting and getting up on ladders , never sport shoes. So I guess he did not feel the rungs so much through work boots.

Esteemed Contributor

My dh and I finally broke down about a year ago and purchased one. While it is functional, I find that there are times when I need help in changing the settings. In other words, if you are a woman living alone with physical limitations, I believe it would difficult to manage. I also agree about the rungs being narrow.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Dan Hughes says it's great.  But he just wants you to buy it.

Super Contributor

Hi,  I have had mine for a couple of years.  I am a 63 year old female that still gets around pretty good.  I use this ladder all the time.  I especially love to use it at the campgrounds when we are opening and closing our 5th wheel.  The grounds over there are hilly and since you can adjust the legs on this to make an angle, it makes it great.  I do have to agree about the rungs.  You should wear sturdy shoes on them, but I guess that is true for all ladders.

Honored Contributor

I find it heavy and hard to change positions.  I consider myself strong and handy.

Frequent Contributor

I've bought 3 of them. My husband, son and son in law loves it. I guess it's not so heavy or difficult for a man to use, it would be for me. But it's a good safe ladder, very versatile. 

~ It's a good day when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys! ~
Esteemed Contributor

We looked at this ladder for years and finally decided to purchase. What a difference it makes! It is the most secure ladder. I've had workman in the house for all types of repairs and they ask to use our Little Giant if they don't have one of their own. We liked the first one so much that we purchased the really tall one from the website to do the back gutters. Now my husband is secure and I know longer am the balance or brake to the ladder. It's worth every cent and more the first time you use it. Years ago I fell off a ladder and was knocked out. You can not put a price on personal safety when doing these household maintance chores.  

Honored Contributor

Every time my husband brings the Little Giant Ladder out - he says "I am so glad you bought this". Just the fact that it folds in half makes it easier to move around. You don't have to worry about knocking into walls or things as much. 

A month after I bought it - the Little Giant was a huge help. My son was in college. He and his buddies lived in a house off campus. And he called us. Apparently a bookcase that he had vinyl (yes he collects them) records and books collapsed. And everything fell in front of the doorway. He could not get into his room. They tried to push the door open and there was just too much in front of the door. Thankfully we had the Little Giant. My husband loaded it into the car and off he went. The easiest road to get to the college was I-95 and it was rush hour. No way  would my husband have wanted to take one of our other full sized ladders on the top of his car. 

My son was able to crawl in the window and get into his room.

Thank you Little Giant.

Honored Contributor

@Ceci wrote:

I'm always tempted to buy this ladder. They make it look so easy to set up and move around Would love to hear from anyone who has this ladder.

Is it complicated to open and change sizes?

Is it very heavy?

Appreciate any feedback

Ceci

@Ceci  I find it heavy, so DH lugged it around when were were painting a year ago.  I bought a ladder for myself made by Little giant, at Amazon, but it is light enough for me to carry around, and I feel very secure on it