Honored Contributor

Lake House Blues...

[ Edited ]

So... Maybe this isn't exactly the time of year to be contemplating a trip to the lake, but so be it... Not much about this home is exactly my preferred 'look', but it's a lovely example of the owner and designer's preferred aesthetic... I do like the dining chairs, some of the upholstered pieces aren't bad and I really like the kitchen bar stools...

LakePerique00001.jpg

LakePerique00013.jpg

LakePerique00042.jpg

LakePerique00090.jpg

LakePeriqueBath-31-1068x712.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I love the bathroom! 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb I love the kitchen and bath.  I am with you on the rest, I would need to tweak the furnishings in the living areas.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb @wvumountiefan I’m with Wufan in the bathroom - that’s the only room I could live in,  but overall that’s a really pretty home.  I can imagine many people loving it.

Honored Contributor

I love the dining room area especially the chairs.  The bathroom is very appealing and all in all the lake house is lovely.  I would change some of the furnishings and add decor of my taste.

My family bought a lake house in 1951 and I spent most of my summers there.  I now rent the home in order to keep it in the family as I am retired and can only afford my primary home.  I have to say my lake house is nothing as fancy as the one in the pictures!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@spiderw Love your lake memories. I think seasonal changes are magnificent at lake neighborhoods. Enjoy your special place.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

It feels more beachy to me but it's nice. 

Honored Contributor

I usually don't appreciate blue interiors, but the blues here are lovely.  Really like the kitchen and bathroom and the only thing I'd change in that bathroom are the mirrors.

Pre-fire, we had those enormous bathroom mirrors and I disliked them.  Had to stand on the bathroom counters to clean them and always felt like I'd slip and end up dead on the floor.

Replaced them with much smaller light-up mirrors when we rebuilt.  Much easier to live with less mirror.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

The architecture looks a little haphazard-- too many fussy lines and angles, cupboards stopping short before the ceilings, etc.  Then, the sort of half-arch of the top of the door openings, adds another discordant note.  The built-ins in the last living room picture look like an afterthought.

The furnishings (especially the upholstered pieces) have a stiff, sort of "showroom" quality that lacks appeal for me.

I do think the kitchen is better, and the stools there are really nice.  The bathroom is better still-- clean, bright and airy, but grounded by that nice dark floor tile.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb   I love almost everything about this place.  I love the dining room chairs (look comfortable), the bar stools, the pendant lights in the kitchen, the blue lamp beside the couch, the bathroom.  I could live with it all very happily.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau