Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18

@Mominohio,

Thank you so much for the help. 

I would need a step stool for the higher shelves with or without these boxes, so I don't think that will be a big factor.  Things are shoved so tightly into the various shelves now that I avoid the closet altogether, wash and dry sheets, and just put them back onto the beds.  I need to weed out some older stuff and make this closet usable again.

I'm going to think on it a bit more and then make a decision. 

BTW if anyone needs a slightly smaller one (in height), Home Depot website has two sizes available in brown.  As best I can tell, the smaller of the two is same length and width as the Kano large, but is only 9 inches high.  I think the ones they are selling are very similar to the Kano boxes.  If interested, search for

Collapsible Storage Bin with Handles in Brown and White.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@GCR18

@Mominohio,

Thank you so much for the help. 

I would need a step stool for the higher shelves with or without these boxes, so I don't think that will be a big factor.  Things are shoved so tightly into the various shelves now that I avoid the closet altogether, wash and dry sheets, and just put them back onto the beds.  I need to weed out some older stuff and make this closet usable again.

I'm going to think on it a bit more and then make a decision. 

BTW if anyone needs a slightly smaller one (in height), Home Depot website has two sizes available in brown.  As best I can tell, the smaller of the two is same length and width as the Kano large, but is only 9 inches high.  I think the ones they are selling are very similar to the Kano boxes.  If interested, search for

Collapsible Storage Bin with Handles in Brown and White.

@SHOPR

When I got these boxes right after Christmas, the one thing I decided was to choose boxes for several different things and spaces, and once that box was full, that was all of that particular item I was going to keep. Period.

May not work for everyone, but a big part of my getting organized was going to have to be letting go of some things. The box I chose for sheets in my bedroom, luckily held what I had, but other things I chose a box for wouldn't all fit in the box, so I sorted through those items, and trimmed them down to fit. 

It felt kind of weird doing so, but I feel much better about what I have, how it is stored, and how clean things are staying now.

I hear you about avoiding certain things or certain (let's face it, for me it was most of my) closets and avoiding them because it is (was!) such a struggle to get things in and out. 

THese boxes have helped out with that a lot. Most of my closets are small, the shelves are narrow and I was trying to put way too many things stacked on them, creating a mess. This just helped me not only contain and organize the stuff, but pare it back to what I really need.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio, That is very good advice.  I wish I had your enthusiasm for cleaning and organizing, I really do.