Image result for bedroom inspired by sarah richardson

Honored Contributor

Beach House Style from Sarah Richardson - Good Housekeeping May 2015:

Honored Contributor

Image result for bedroom inspired by sarah

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just bedrooms

[ Edited ]

I love neutral bedrooms...creams, tans, ivory, white...similar to this.

I'm referring to the color scheme...not the bedroom furniture itself...I have medium cherry bedroom furniture and the rest of the room is done in neutral colors mentioned above.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono  I didn't even look to see who posted this pic until just now to respond.  I wasn't at all surprised to see it's our Ms Lola! 

To me, this color resembles a soft periwinkle.  I love this color!  Whenever I decide to change the color of one of my bedrooms, it will be th is hue.

Honored Contributor

@Bri21  This looksmore like a living rm with a bed in it rather the other way around.  I too do have a little seating area in my master but I think this one may have gone a bit to far.

Honored Contributor

Some are quite incredible but none of them speak to me.  I guess I'm the kind of person who would buy a set from my local Ashley furniture store.

Honored Contributor

I find the pictures very pretty, but there isn't a single bed I'd like to crawl in to go to sleep, or a room I'd like to wake up in.   My ideal bedroom is like a cave; very dark and cool, no light whatsoever.  The mattress and box springs can sit on cinderblocks for all I care, as long as I have foam pillows, percale sheets, a cotton blanket, and a cotton quilt.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another lovely, soft, neutral color scheme for a bedroom...Even though the wall is a darker color, this works beautifully in this particular room...I would choose different dresser and chairs...more of a distressed French Country look....I love a long bench at the foot of a bed and ours is a tufted one also, but not as tufted as this one....ours is a softer, cozier style in a cream color.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

RedTop wrote:
I find the pictures very pretty, but there isn't a single bed I'd like to crawl in to go to sleep, or a room I'd like to wake up in.   My ideal bedroom is like a cave; very dark and cool, no light whatsoever.  The mattress and box springs can sit on cinderblocks for all I care, as long as I have foam pillows, percale sheets, a cotton blanket, and a cotton quilt. 
@RedTop...LOL...How about this Look?...You can paint the wall brown or black and that would complete the cave-style look for you!
a boxspring upholstered in a gray Pollack mohair velvet and a wall-mount headboard in the same upholstery could become a focal point of a bedroom