Respected Contributor

Johnson Brothers Friendly Village - SALE-WOW

For those interested in the holiday themed Johnson Brothers Friendly Village dinnerware, they have it on Evine for only $99 for a 28 piece set.  Shows that it's regular $450.  Although I don't need any more Christmas dinnerware, the price is very tempting.   Saw it today 11/7 so not sure how long the price is available. Plus, there is a discount for multiple sets....wish QVC would do the same for buying multiples where you get a discount for multiple of same items.

Have fun shopping if you are interested!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

Re: Johnson Brothers Friendly Village - SALE-WOW

I checked the set out it's beautiful and so tempting !!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Love this pattern, but I'm on a self-imposed "no buy" restriction after giving away a set of unused Lenox earlier this year.

I adore dishes, but have enough to feed the entire State of Maryland, I'm sure Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

Made in china.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I see they have Fitz & Floyd today too!

Super Contributor

OMG cant believe i just did this -ordered service for 8 fron belk and 4 serving pieces including covered vegetable bowl, casserole,. tureen and round veg bowl already have the spode xmas pattern for years but since I'm doing Thanksgiving this year for the first time since Sandy I bought the Friendly Village dinnerware! Dont know where I'm going to put this lol!

Respected Contributor

@poohbear1  Please post a picture of your table, I would love to see how it looks!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Made in china.

I saw that. 

I have thought about collecting, piece by piece, just what I want of the older stuff, but it can be pricey and take forever (hey, it would give me something to do though!). 

They say the pattern is retiring, which makes me sad, and I kind of don't care if it is made in China, only in that I will be using it, not collecting it and care about the value for later. 

Evine has so many pretty pieces...platters, tureens, tea pots, covered casseroles...oh my.

I want, I want, I want, but I don't need!

Frequent Contributor

Friendly Village graces my Thanksgiving table.  I saw that sale on evine but I don't need more.  The price was tempting and I did consider ordering for a quick minute.  Most of my pieces are older, that I found in antique shops.  It has taken me nearly 20 years to put together a set for 12 with serving pieces.  I am currently hunting down older coffee mugs that are not crazed.  If I were starting out, I would jump at the evine sale.

I've always loved these dishes and remember seeing them on the 1970s TV series Upstairs Downstairs.  I remember Rose, Hudson and Mrs. Bridges using them in the kitchen at Eaton Place. 

Valued Contributor

GI have the older Friendly Village but I am adding the covered vegetable bowl and tea pot from Evine.  Maybe the big platter.  Great deal