Honored Contributor

Isn't it nice sometimes to just be home?

Cold,damp raining in Fl. today. I feel sorry for the folks who are here on vacation. But for us, we are all cozy in our little house - furnace on. We have actually had the furnace on more in the last month than in the last 6 years. I'm roasting a chicken & stuffing today for dinner, and getting the laundry done since we are at home anyway. Just making the best out of a not very nice day.

Super Contributor

Re: Isn't it nice sometimes to just be home?

@151949 I also live in FL..don't have the furnace on, but I am enjoying the rain..we need lots of  it..the water levels are pretty low in the retention ponds. Praying for the folks who come to visit get a little sunshine and enjoy their stay.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We are predicted to have sun tomorrow but still be cool. High 60's for a high temp so no one will be at the beach or swimming.

yes we do need the rain. We have an actual small lake in our backyard that is still pretty full but we have also retention ponds around us and I have seen the ducks walking all the way across them, so they must only be a few inches deep now.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Cold,damp raining in Fl. today. I feel sorry for the folks who are here on vacation. But for us, we are all cozy in our little house - furnace on. We have actually had the furnace on more in the last month than in the last 6 years. I'm roasting a chicken & stuffing today for dinner, and getting the laundry done since we are at home anyway. Just making the best out of a not very nice day.

@151949   Not to be argumentative with you, but it seems like you're having a very nice day.   I view days such as you've described to be restorative, and with that chicken in the oven, replete with comfort food. It might not be what most describe as a very nice day, but it is a "best of its kind" day!  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

I know a lot of people that use home as no more than a place to sleep and take a shower. Some of them even have really nice expensive homes, well furnished and beautifully kept, but they just like to be gone all the time, and almost go stir crazy if they have to spend one day there.

I, on the other hand, love to be at home. I love to work around my house and property, have company over, or just the family. 

It is cold and gray in Ohio today, and it would be a great day to watch old movies and eat, lounging on the couch. Maybe I'll get there later in the evening, but for now, it has been cooking, and laundry and cleaning floors, in between posting! 

There is an episode of Little House on the Prairie where Laura says something close to "home is just about the best place there is", and I have to agree.

Honored Contributor

@151949

I agree!!! It's pretty chilly & damp here too (FL). I took a older friend to store & a few errands she had to do, but, since I've been home I've been flicking channels cozy in my Berkshire throw! 

My sister from up north just sent me a pic of Sunday dinner..a big pot of gravy (sauce), meatballs & sausage waiting for my homemade gnocchi or raviolis I made while I was home for the holidays....yum I wish I was there OR your house roasted chicken, potatoes etc is my fav dinner!

enjoy your "comfort" day! Next week it will be back to sunny days!

Respected Contributor

It's a gorgeous day here on the west coast, sunny and very warm at 76 degrees F., quite a change from the rainy, cold days of last week.

Honored Contributor

It might seem like a downer day to you but my guess is that the vacationers who are accustomed to temps in the teens and 20's and snow and ice really don't mind the weather you are having, they don't mind at all.  The'll do indoor things for a day or two and then hit the beach when the sun comes out.  We took our girls to FL for short vacation one April, they were 11 or 12.  It rained for 3 days straight.  The sun came out on the fourth day and that was the day we flew home.  But, we had blast anyway.  There was a pool in the hotel, we went to the movies, we mall shopping. we played cards and watched tv in the room.  We found fun places to eat.  It rained but it was like the rain we would have had at home.

Respected Contributor

Finally warm and sunny here in Az. After some very rainy chilly windy days . I enjoy the cozy factor of a day when turning the furnace on and having something cooking that smells wonderful, is a treat. Especially when it's never long before its sunny and warm again.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am in Central Fl.  We did not have rain today, but very chilly.  My daughter and I just got home from the Bonefish Grill for dinner.  Their crab cakes are the best.

The furnace is set at 73 and operating a lot today.