Honored Contributor

Is it time for some more cleaning, or house hold tips to make life easier?

I love all the ideas that come out of these ladies, so if you have something to include like a cleaning tip, cooking tip, making something work better for you tip, that sort of thing.

How about for the car? I have now, one of those between the seat backs holders, so there's not a lot of misc., roaming around in the car, easy to get to. Use it for the dog's chain while we go from place to place, or a small phone book for those, just in case purposes.

So do you have a helpful hint for others? Even in the garden...

Honored Contributor

Re: Is it time for some more cleaning, or house hold tips to make life easier?

I live in a really small "casita".............and I get the MOST use out of those plastic coated wire shelves and hanging shelf baskets.    They make use of "wasted space"............even in the fridge and freezer...........and in closets, cabinets..........under the sink.....................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Tip for making your bathroom smell nice. Take a few drops of pure oil, your choice of scent, and put the drops on the cardboard inside your toilet paper roll. When some one goes to use the toiletpaper, it will release the scent.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I love all the ideas that come out of these ladies, so if you have something to include like a cleaning tip, cooking tip, making something work better for you tip, that sort of thing.

How about for the car? I have now, one of those between the seat backs holders, so there's not a lot of misc., roaming around in the car, easy to get to. Use it for the dog's chain while we go from place to place, or a small phone book for those, just in case purposes.

So do you have a helpful hint for others? Even in the garden...

Looking for car detailing tips, try Pinterest, lots of them there.

Respected Contributor

Forgot another. Dryer sheets for dusting baseboards and blinds. Makes the house smell good and keeps the dust off longer. 

Esteemed Contributor

Cleaning your microwave is easy with this technique.  Place a bowl of water in your microwave and nuke for about 2 minutes.  Remove bowl carefully, as it will be scalding hot.  Wipe the inside.  I find it important to use a bowl I can easily remove with pot holders.  This always works for me.

Honored Contributor

In my steam mop I put a 50/50 water/vinegar solution. Boy did that make the steam come out!  My floors are cleaner now.  Another tip is to dampen your pad with water BEFORE you turn the power on...makes the pad work extra good.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

In my steam mop I put a 50/50 water/vinegar solution. Boy did that make the steam come out!  My floors are cleaner now.  Another tip is to dampen your pad with water BEFORE you turn the power on...makes the pad work extra good.Woman Happy

Thank you for this tip.  If there is anyone reading this who doesn't have a steam cleaner, do yourself a favor.  Buy one.  When I think about how many years I spent with a mop and buckets of water.  Nothing beats steam cleaning.

I also like the Campanelli duster sets QVC sells.  The duster can be used for "normal" dusting and also can be put on a long pole.  I love it for reaching high places, and I also use it for cleaning around objects on my wood floors.  It does a better job than my vacuum for removing dust.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Thank you for this tip.  If there is anyone reading this who doesn't have a steam cleaner, do yourself a favor.  Buy one.  When I think about how many years I spent with a mop and buckets of water.  Nothing beats steam cleaning.

I also like the Campanelli duster sets QVC sells.  The duster can be used for "normal" dusting and also can be put on a long pole.  I love it for reaching high places, and I also use it for cleaning around objects on my wood floors.  It does a better job than my vacuum for removing dust.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT,

Yes, those Campanelli dusters are great! I'm on my second set of them.Woman Happy