Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is it the polar fleece sheets everyone loves so?

I only use the Malden Mills polar fleece sheets. They wash well. They last. They breathe with you so you don't get hot. Search for that brand. We love them at our house.

Respected Contributor

I bought two sets of the Mills sheets. very warm and soft and cozy, but when I got up, everything I touched shocked me. I didn't put them on last year because of this. I must say they were comfy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have owned my Polar Fleece sheets for three years. They have started to pill, especially the fitted sheet despite the fact I wash on cool and dry on very low heat, delicate cycle.  We love, love, love them for the cool fall and winter months.  So soft and they do keep you warm without adding a lot of weight.  DH and I sleep hot so I can't imagine sleeping under them in the warmer months.  I own two sets and will be buying more this season.  I highly recommend. 

ETA:  I have tried he micro fiber sheets and DH hated them.  We tried them for a week then I washed, dried and dontated to Goodwill. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

He would be better off with flannel bed linens, which are also soft and comfy and cozy but are 100% breathable cotton.

Fleece is 100% polyester and can make the sleeper too warm, especially if it's a guy - they naturally run warmer than women.

(I'm the same way, LOL)

You can get quality flannel bedding with good prices at L.L. Bean, Lands' End, Overstock, Amazon, Target, and Bed Bath & Beyond.

Respected Contributor

Hated them. Went back to my LL Bean flannel.  Love them 

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone for your help/suggestions. Shopped with him last night and he chose 400TC Ecyptian Cotten Sateen sheets we found at Dillards. We felt a lot of sheets, and those felt the softest/silkiest, even compared to the higher thread counts. They have a 5 star rating on their website so I think he will be happy. This is what happens when back in the old QVC days, you ordered the NN Egyptian Cotten Sateen sheets for your child's bed. The ones they offer today are not nearly as nice as these were. We both had several sets. I spoiled him! LOL!  He's what I call a sheet snob. LOL

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Honored Contributor

@MercysMom In my opinion, they do add warmth.  I like that warm cuddly feeling but my husband does not so I only put them on during December and January.

Valued Contributor

If it feels warm and fuzzy then heck no not for me.  I tried one of those sheet sets from Amazon and couldn't get it ripped off my bed fast enough.  Felt like a was lying on top of a warm dog.   I guess it will always be a cotton sheet for me.  I do like the Northern Nights wrinkle defense 700 TC sheets sold on the Q.   May be the best thing I have ever bought here.