Trusted Contributor

If you burn a Bayberry candle on New Year's Day

"A bayberry candle burned to the socket, brings health to the home and wealth to the pocket."

I just got a new catalog from Yankee Candle today and they have Bayberry candles in stock now. I always get mine from there. I burn the tapers which they usually sell two to a box.

I know the tradition varies as to which day you burn the bayberry candle, but my family has always burned it, start to finish on New Year's Day. So I go with something small, like a taper, since you can't blow it out if you want good health and wealth.

I thought I'd pass the info on as several people have posted before, scrambling to find a bayberry candle near New Year's

***Formerly gidgetgoeshawaiian- my nickname was too long for the new boards!***

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2015 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View