Honored Contributor

I went to new "Treasure" & "Consignment" store today

Wow!!!! I was there for 2 hours just browsing.  Everyone must have done a great job cleaning out their homes or maybe they're empty now😉

This store is run by the Sheriffs, Veterans group. The proceeds benefit the youth and veterans programs,

I want a buffet server but ended up finding these beautiful hutches.  Can't believe it the prices with 30% off.   Only thing you can't just buy the bottom☹️

DC848242-43BA-42C3-A7E2-307A06102940.jpeg

611226A2-F1DB-4935-AD95-9ED6007F2E59.jpegthis one i'm really liking for my kitchen area.  It's only $125.

86F878D8-0FB2-4677-9A1F-776FF7D5D7D1.jpegthis is a thomasville or stanley piece (I forget) for $175less 30%.

They opened another one about hour from here think I go there tomorrow to see if I can find coastal cream so I don't have to paint.

Spouse said just sell your set ...

Honored Contributor

Re: I went to new "Treasure" & "Consignment" store today

@homedecor1 Nice finds

This is a great time to go thrift shopping bcause the shops are so over-whelmed with product, they are being very picky about what they accept and even then almost all the shops near me are running sales virtually all the time..

Esteemed Contributor

I love the second one, beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak 

I love it too!!! Just where to put it -- to wide for kitchen area.

I have "open concept" which I don't really like as it's hard for furniture placement😉

Honored Contributor

Lucky you @homedecor1 

We don't have a decent consignment store in my area.  I love to repaint or strip furniture!  I really like the one you want for your kitchen....$125.00 is a nice price!

Honored Contributor

There was a local gas station that closed. So ReStore must have rented the empty lot for 6 months. It happened when the restrictions on stores started in March. But because it was an open area they were accepting donations.

It was crazy. They could not keep up. They would fill the truck and take it somewhere. By the time they got back, there was another truck load. It was alot of furniture. I think. Because furniture is big, that is what I noticed.

The beginning of October the signs and truck were gone. Not sure if they couldn't handle more stuff or their lease was up. I am so tempted to check out the local ReStore stores and see what they have.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

I'm really wanting to try refinishing furniture but just don't have the knowledge (or confidence of youtube).  Is it hard? How do you choose color/finish?

If I buy the hutch we have a local lady who is reasonable to do. 

Although, thinking of selling my DR and getting the set I've really wanted -- this was left with the house I bought.

Honored Contributor

The 2nd one is calling me... LoudlyWoman LOL...I really like it.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

I love the second one too.  It would also be nice if you have a large bathroom.  You could use it for towels.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I've repainted and restained casegood pieces. 

The first hutch I wouldn't because it likely has a polyurethane type of finish that has to be removed, first. It also has a lot of detailing to the wood in the arched doors and the small details over the drawers and just below the top. Paint and stains can get tricky in tiny crevices.

The second piece is far easier because it's a simple design. I would remove the doors and probably replace the hinges.