Honored Contributor

I think I have found my washer

I found my washer at a local store in my town.

it is a maytag 5.2 agitator washer it is the mvwb865gc washer.

has all features i want. 

I have not charged anything still have to talk with dh about this. 

this is the washer that is rated tops by consumer reports.

it has the checkmark as a-ok.

Honored Contributor

Re: I think I have found my washer

@viva923

I am very happy for you!

This has been a hard-fought, hard-won battle for you!

YAY🎉 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

Buying appliances has become a nightmare. Never in my life did I believe The Jetsons cartoon would actually come true, but buying cars, TV's, and appliances has proven me wrong.

I need a new refrigerator. First of all, the prices!!! Insane!

I do not need one that I can log into and see inside from the grocery store (not kidding) to see if i am out of something.

I just want to open the door and get cold food out. That's it.  So frustrated.

I did the washed and dryer search 2 years ago and thought I was going to go back to a buck and a rock I was so frustrated with that search.

Respected Contributor

I wonder if washer manufacturers are getting away from those impleller things in top loaders & going back to actual agitators?

I hope so, I have a Maytag Bravos top loader w/impeller & though it's fine for most things, I hate washing large & heavy things like sheets & bath towels in it.  Half the time, I have to pause it & open the lid & rearrange things when items cover the top of the impeller.

Esteemed Contributor

@viva923, good for you!  I have been following your thread as I a, pretty sure I will be on the hunt for a fridge and a washer soon.  I was surprised at the prices of some of the fridges.  I don’t want appliances loaded with extra gadgets and electronics.  Just more to fix.  LM

Respected Contributor

Since I live in rural America, I do two things when making major purchases: 1. Come on these boards and ask questions, 2. YOUTUBE.   There are so many reviews showing products in action, the good, the bad and the ugly.  I just went to YouTube and typed in your washer and got the below results page.  You can spend hours watching various reviews by real people showing what they like, don't like and if they would recommend it.  Just like the Speed Queen, they show it all.  Now you've got me wanting this washer.  The only downside I see is that it has a computerized control board.  I might would do the Speed Queen TR5, but I know that I could probably get an older Speed Queen new from our local electric supply company since not many people down here know about them.  I will probably do that when it is time to buy, but my 20-year-old Armanas keep going and going.  So I'll stick to them.  Maybe by the time I have to buy, they will have changed technology and all that again!

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=maytag+mvwb865gc+washer

Honored Contributor

Congratulations on your find!  I hope you and the Maytag have many happy years together.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tigriss, I love YouTube!  LM