Honored Contributor

I think I found my lamps - (but still on the hunt)

[ Edited ]

Today, I hit most the stores. I ended up purchasing these nice blue lamps in a seaside motif.  I think they are a good accent to the room - I got rid of all excess stuff (tables w/lantern, stiffel lamps, silk flowers, etc.)

Sunday the tv console will be delivered and the sound system so hopefully these big speakers will be gone (circa 2010😳). I'm not sure how much of the wall the tv stand will take up (it's on a temp small stand now) its 70" so I assume stand needs to be a little larger.

I am not sure how the end tables will be as they won't be delivered til May so I used the end tables in the room now. 

IMG_1831.JPG

just wondering what you think? (I'm kinda on my own in the decorating dept. BUT hubby said he wants the room fresh & new - get rid of all the "old" stuff - I'm thinking something's wrong w/him he never wants to buy anything! Lol)

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I think I found my lamps - (but still on the hunt)

@homedecor1 Very nice, I love how the blue of the lamps accent the blue in your picture, you did good girlfriend!

Esteemed Contributor

The lamps look great!

Respected Contributor

The color is terrific, but, IMO, they're too small for use as a table lamp. Size seems better suited for a bedroom night stand, for example. Just something to think about. If you and DH love them, that's all that matters. 

Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

I like the way the lamps pop. They pull out the blue in the picture and if the drapes are staying (they look blue to me as well) I think they tie nicely in with those too.

The only think I notice at this point, it that the shades look a little too white next to the sofa and walls. It could be because of the plastic still on them, making them seem different. And I've noticed that some photographs of my home don't really portray the actual lighting, colors, shades and the look I see when in the room personally.

So maybe a shade with a bit more linen color, closer to the sofa or the table bottom. Love the new end tables too. BTW, you can send me that (those?) sweet Stiffel lamp(s) I see on the floor! I sill never tire of Stiffel brass lamps!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio Now that you point out the shade color I agree, they do seem too white if that is the true color in person, good eye!

Respected Contributor

I like the lamps very much! Good choice. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I like the lamps but not the color of lampshade against wall.  I saw some beachy lamps on Kirklands.

Honored Contributor

The lamps are too small for the rather large recliner couches.

(They seem a little big for the end tables, but I know you're waiting on new end tables.)

Hopefully the new are more to scale to the overstuffed couches. 

I like both your end tables, hope your keeping them somewhere else! 

I also think the color of the lamp is all wrong.  It's kind of a dusty country blue and the colors in the picture seem more clear or vivid, if that makes sense. 

I'd look for something in ceramic, not wood or resin.  It would compliment the (genre?) of leather better.  And bigger and bolder not to be dwarfed by the seating.

I'd probably stay away from blue altogether--at least darker blue.  There's aleady enough of it and a good match between the picture and the drapes.

I'm finding how hard it is to decorate a room, getting things in *pieces* and now found that I've bought (and stored) things that absolutely will not work.  And I'm out the $$$ because it's been too long to return.

Maybe if you google 'turquoise lamps', you'd see something that would match the artwork better.

I keep getting *haunted* by a sidebar ad for an 'Uttermost Destin' lamp in an aquamarine color.  I'd have to change everything around completely to make it work, but it's pretty!

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

The lamps are too small for the rather large recliner couches.

(They seem a little big for the end tables, but I know you're waiting on new end tables.)

Hopefully the new are more to scale to the overstuffed couches. 

I like both your end tables, hope your keeping them somewhere else! 

I also think the color of the lamp is all wrong.  It's kind of a dusty country blue and the colors in the picture seem more clear or vivid, if that makes sense. 

I'd look for something in ceramic, not wood or resin.  It would compliment the (genre?) of leather better.  And bigger and bolder not to be dwarfed by the seating.

I'd probably stay away from blue altogether--at least darker blue.  There's aleady enough of it and a good match between the picture and the drapes.

I'm finding how hard it is to decorate a room, getting things in *pieces* and now found that I've bought (and stored) things that absolutely will not work.  And I'm out the $$$ because it's been too long to return.

Maybe if you google 'turquoise lamps', you'd see something that would match the artwork better.

I keep getting *haunted* by a sidebar ad for an 'Uttermost Destin' lamp in an aquamarine color.  I'd have to change everything around completely to make it work, but it's pretty!

I agree with you @Lucky Charm.  Also, I think the shape of the shade needs to be a different shape than the square which mimics the shape of the chairs.  Enjoy putting all of your "finds" together.