Valued Contributor
On 3/6/2014 Mary Bailey said:

Lucky Duck! I adore Home Goods!!

We are getting a Marshall's in my town. I'm pretty close to 3 Home Goods now. There is a Marshall's a neighboring town.

We have a huge Old Navy store that Old Navy has moved out of and in to a new location. So that is where Home Goods and Marshalls are going in to. Not sure if they will have a wall between them or not.

Valued Contributor
On 3/6/2014 decolvr said:

Home Goods is a weakness of mine, that is for sure You will love it.......every season they have new things......so pretty. Be careful, it is hard to not want to buy one of everything, somtimes.......Smile

DH and I are putting our home on the market in the late spring/early summer........so I made promise that no more purchases until after we move into our new home.......LOL. You ask, do we know where that home is......we are starting the process of looking at offerings that our realtor is sending us. And, we are slowly going thru 20 years of life in this home....even bigger LOL. I have boxes all over our home, some taped, some waiting for things and bags of things that we are donating or just putting in the trash. We have our work cut out for us........I work a busy full time job......and sometimes.......I just run of steam..{#emotions_dlg.lol}

We are looking foward to new memories in our new home, wherever it is.....LOL!!

New homes are so much fun. I for sure could get in to trouble in that store!

Valued Contributor
On 3/6/2014 Marsha2003 said:

Mallemo, you will probably be in there every week and have terrific decor to show us as a result. HomeGoods is a trek for me so I don't get there too often which is a good thing for my budget.

Decolvr, how exciting to be getting a different house. I know it's tiring and stressful making the move, but it will be fun to decorate after you get into the new place.

I think you are right and I might have to add on a new "wing" for storage.

Valued Contributor
On 3/6/2014 pupwhipped said:

I squealed like a freakin pig when I saw that we were getting a Home Goods in our town. I was in my car when I saw the sign, "Home Goods coming soon." I called my husband to squeal at him about it. Uh, he didn't get it at all.

Yippee for you, mallemo!

Oh how funny! I probably would have done the same thing if I had seen the sign for myself. I was just about to squeal when my daughter told me.

Respected Contributor
Make sure you sign up for the TJX credit card immediately: those points add up fast and it sounds as though someone's going to have a difficult time not buying anything!!!!!!LOL. Have fun!
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor
On 3/6/2014 jlkz said: Make sure you sign up for the TJX credit card immediately: those points add up fast and it sounds as though someone's going to have a difficult time not buying anything!!!!!!LOL. Have fun!

Thanks for that tip. I will try really hard to behave!

Honored Contributor

Lucky you and I am so jealous!!!

We had a Marshall's here for years and years, until the area it was in went really downhill, and they closed their store! I even sent them an email and asked if they ever planned to relocate and they said they had no plans! The closest Home Goods is a 2-hr drive away, but we have a great TJ Maxx, so I guess I'll have to be satisfied with that!

Enjoy your new stores!

Super Contributor

Oh, Mallemo- you will be stalking the stores every week. I should know-I stalk the Marshalls store here- 3 times a week. Be prepared to be spending all your grocery money there! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Frequent Contributor

My Marshalls & Home Goods are together in one large store! I love shopping there, so many unusual things.

Valued Contributor
On 3/6/2014 resort gal said:

My Marshalls & Home Goods are together in one large store! I love shopping there, so many unusual things.

I think that may be how our new stores are going to be. The store they are moving in to is huge and was an Old Navy store. Old Navy moved and this bldg. has been vacant for a long time.

Hooty and Rosehill...I think I might have to pace myself as I could spend many days in there just browsing. I actually live 25 miles from the city they are coming to but I'm there quite a bit so I just consider it close to me!