Honored Contributor

I NEED VALERIE ITEMS INTERVENTION!

I'm a gonner when Valerie brings her knock out wreaths, garlands, and potted trees.  I went bonkers tonight, so much for my will power.

Honored Contributor

Re: I NEED VALERIE ITEMS INTERVENTION!

If it makes you happy, why not.  Congrats on your haul.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, I purchased some handpainted ornaments for gift one year.  The painting was so bad I was embarassed to give them and had to go to the mall for a quick purchase.  Never again.

Trusted Contributor

Yep, I'm right there with ya!  I was so good all day...didn't order a thing, wasn't even tempted really.  Then I saw the presentation for Valerie's berry & ivy potted tree, wreath & garland.  Ordered one tree and one wreath.  I don't need another thing, but these looked so pretty.  I think these could possibly be left out all year if you like to decorate with a woodland theme like I do.  Enjoy your purchases and happy decorating! 

Honored Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

Yep, I'm right there with ya!  I was so good all day...didn't order a thing, wasn't even tempted really.  Then I saw the presentation for Valerie's berry & ivy potted tree, wreath & garland.  Ordered one tree and one wreath.  I don't need another thing, but these looked so pretty.  I think these could possibly be left out all year if you like to decorate with a woodland theme like I do.  Enjoy your purchases and happy decorating! 

I ordered these also, in addition to two garlands.  Happy decorating to you too, Julie!

Valued Contributor

Just my opinion but her items are overpriced.  Most of what she presents can be found in Hobby Lobby for a lot less and they always have coupons.  They may not be exactly what she presents but they are very close and are probably made in the same Chinese factory.  If I have to pay for MIC, I'll pay the least I can. 

When I can, I prefer to support my local artists.  This weekend, we have what is called The Shaker Woods Festival.  It is, literally, in the woods and there are tons of craftspeople creating their wares.  That's where my money goes.  Also, we have a lot of Amish in my area and they do stunning work and they charge so much less than MIC junk.   Just my opinion.  When I see something I like, I check it out at other places and buy where the price is right.  Just my 2 cents.                                      docsgirl

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

I'm a gonner when Valerie brings her knock out wreaths, garlands, and potted trees.  I went bonkers tonight, so much for my will power.

That is a wonderful set you got...especially the trees! I hope you will post pics when you decorate with all your new goodies!!! Enjoy your new treasures!!!

I'm surprised that Valerie didn't show the Cardinal spheres and/or lamp displayed with the set since they coordinate so well together...both having the holly Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

That is a wonderful set you got...especially the trees! I hope you will post pics when you decorate with all your new goodies!!! Enjoy your new treasures!!!

I'm surprised that Valerie didn't sow the Cardinal spheres and/or lamp displayed with the set since they coordinate so well together...both having the holly Smiley Very Happy

I bought the cardinal spheres also, to go in my red and white room, shame on me.  They looked so pretty tonight.  Yes, I will post pictures. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Step away from the phone......

Someone grab the keyboard...we are here to intervene!   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The prospect of needing to store more "stuff" is enough to dissuade me.  Of course, I could discard or give away an item for each new thing acquired.  But why? - the things I have already are beautiful.  Buying more ensures the Chinese continue laughing all the way to the bank.