Honored Contributor

Re: How often do you paint the inside of your house?

@bri20 Glad you lime it -- never for me. Why would they name a grey sea glass.? Sea glass doesn't show up in grey.

Honored Contributor

When we had painted walls, we painted every year. Sort of like a spring cleaning deal.

since I have wall paper I have repapered a few times  but my walls honestly look like new

Respected Contributor

Sea Glass really isn't a grey.  Depending on the light, it can look blue or green.  I prefer my paint colors to have that grey undertone to them.  You would have to see it in person to appreciate the color 

Respected Contributor

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Real sea glass comes in all colors. My sisters collects sea glass from all over the world. She has the most amazing colors and some are gray.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh geez.  I'm calling it Sea Glass -  it's Sea Haze.   It looks more like Beach Glass in my room - again due to lighting.  Sorry about the confusion 

Honored Contributor

Not very!  Smiley Happy

I've painted many a house, inside and out, in my lifetime.  But I've done very little painting in this house since we painted most of it when we first bought it.

I can't really paint anymore because I tend to fall off ladders now.   What I painted almost 16 years ago is holding up pretty well, though.  I was a realy good painter.  I always did the best job possible and made sure I covered super well.   

I had one mauve wall to cover and, in another room, one that was some freaky kind of puce or something.   I'll tell ya what - that mauve wall was easier to cover than the pucey-yellow-green-ish one!   

I love satin finish paint and do everything, in and out, in satin.  HATE flat paint and glossy is a bit too shiny for me except maybe in a bathroom.   

When we bought this house EVERYTHING was painted in the most super flat flat paint I had ever seen.  It was so bad.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@bri20 Glad you lime it -- never for me. Why would they name a grey sea glass.? Sea glass doesn't show up in grey.

Oh yes!  There are many many shades of gray!  There are lots of beautiful green/blue/gray colors that go from green/gray to gray green.  "Gray" comes in every color under the rainbow!  It is a very complex color.  Gray with a little pink is pretty too for many things.  Gray that is almost viloet but not quite. . . Gray is great! 

My favorite shade of gray/beige is sort of the color of a Siamese cat (the lighter parts) or a chocolate malt can go to the gray side.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another thing that is rather subjective is if a color is warm or cool.I once asked here if kiliam beige was warm or cool. The answers were a just about perfect  50% divide so I went to the Sherwin Williams website and they said it's the perfect neutral. I asked my girlfriend who is an interior decorator - she also said it was totally neutral and will change by what  color you put near it and how the sunlight hits it. And here I thought it was an obviously cool color. I think greys may fall into that same thing - different by what colors you put next to them.

I once painted our living room a color I felt was taupe but at night with the lamps on it was a definate pink. i called the painter back and he came over during the day and said - yep it is totally the color you picked, putting the swatch up on the wall against it - and yet at night  it was pink. i had him repaint it ivory.

Trusted Contributor

We've been in our home 20 years, it was new and cheap paint. We painted 10 years ago, and just did it again recently.