Respected Contributor

Re: How many people here still use and burn real candles?

I do. I have a large three wick square candle by Circle C in a heavy iron holder on my bathroom counter. Country Morning. Scent - a warm spiced pumpkin scent. It wafts out into the main area of the house too. Once in awhile, if I cook something that lingers in the air, I will put one of the same scent on the kitchen counter for a bit too.

i keep the wicks cut down short so I do not have an issue with smoking (or really any soot, that I can see).

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@pommom wrote:

Burning candles is very soothing to me.  No cats so don't have that concern.  My all-time favorite is Havana by Archipelago.  It has the most beautiful fragrance.

Me too. Burning candles is very soothing to me as well, after a tough day to come home and light a nicely scented candle is just nice and calming. I also have a nightly lockup, turn on the alarm system every night, so that is usually when I blow my candle out....Pommom-I will have to try Archipelago Candles...... 

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@Mominohio I burn far more real candles but I do have a few flameless.

I stopped at AI Root in Medina and picked up some holiday candles on my way to Holmes County. I love the quality of their candles. I think the quality is superior to Yankee Candle.

Probably have 30-40 on hand. I burn them up & out of the way. I have a nightly lockup routine & checking candles is a part of it.

@Snowpuppy Me too!!!

Respected Contributor

I do not burn a lot of candles, but I only use real candles.

Esteemed Contributor

I got a three-wick candle yesterday called French Toast and it smells divine!

Esteemed Contributor

Me. No soot cause I use soy. I had too many battery candles quit on me.

Esteemed Contributor

I also have CI and Luminaries in every room, but stock up on BATH AND BODY WORKS Three wick scented.  Got 10 SAT. On sale.  At night only light in room I,m sitting.  In morning, kitchen and other rooms, until Windows can be opened.  More during winter.

Honored Contributor

My house is full of battery operated candles. I love them. However, I do burn a scented candle especially during the holiday. Certain brands work for me but sadly, the majority do not.

Respected Contributor

When I saw how much soot surrounded my picture frames from just tea lights, I was shocked. I now use the candle melts. They smell wonderful and are safer.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

just got 3 new Goose Creek candles which are very nice for the whole winter season (not just christmas) - cozy home, holiday embers and winter splendor..