Trusted Contributor

How Is The Dyson TSV Working For Everybody?

So, how is the vacuum working for you all that bought it? Do you like it? Does it do the job as advertised? 

Valued Contributor

Re: How Is The Dyson TSV Working For Everybody?

I bought two of the Dyson "Animals", one for upstairs, one for downstairs. They each lasted about six months, then died. I took them to my local vacuum repair shop and the owner told me that to repair them would be so expensive that I might as well "buy something new that wasn't a gimmick". Apparently he has seen a lot of them come into his shop. I cannot recommend Dyson at all.

Trusted Contributor

I've had a Dyson Animal for about 3 years and the Dyson cordless for over a year. I've never had any problems with either of them. They work wonderful for me! 

Trusted Contributor

I have one of the first Dyson Animal uprights and it is so darn heavy. It is still working well, and I have had it for many years. It is hard to maneuver on the stairs. I wanted to  hear how this latest TSV did before I invested in another Dyson, and the cordless was appealing. I need something to really reach under the beds. What I have now can't do it. 

Respected Contributor

I've had mine over 10 years without a single issue.  My sister has as well.  We don't have stairs, so no issues there.

Honored Contributor

Why don't you call Dyson CS and discuss it with them rather than take the word of a guy who'd probably like to sell you another vacuum cleaner? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

TexasMom1 the Dyson Cordless works wonderful under beds. This is one of the many reasons I wanted it. 

Trusted Contributor

Thanks Lori! That is good to know! 

Honored Contributor

Their cs is phenominal! Please, if anyone has any type of issue with their Dyson please call their customer service first! We had an issue with the animal we bought (not from the Q) years ago and she walked us through some steps while on the phone with us. It was fixed on the spot. Since, I have bought another Dyson and it continues to work like a champ. I gave my animal to my son since I no longer have carpeting. He loves it!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@furbabylover, I have taken my Dyson apart many times to clean it thoroughly to maintain it. I don't see how it could be expensive to fix other than replacing the motor. Did he sell you a new vacuum? Also, you may have just needed a lighter weight vacuum for your own dexterity/weight needs. My grandmother went from her horribly heavy Kurby to a Dyson. She loves it, plus it is way lighter and sucks better and has all the attachments on board without lugging around a pile of separate things on her Kurby. I will say if I wanted light weight and super suction for regular vacuuming, I'd get a Shark, but the Dyson stick vac would be great for anything but whole house vacuuming and hard floors!