Trusted Contributor

I think hgtv needs a major overhaul--same shows are shown over and over and over....I also only watch when there's nothing else on....used to be good

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

And the scripted wife saying "this closet should be big enough for my clothes, but I don't know where you'll put your clothes" to the husband, who then chuckles lovingly, because he thinks it's so cute she has 80 pairs of shoes

Valued Contributor

Re: House Hunters on HGTV

[ Edited ]

I've watched the show on and off for years.  Now they have more themed shows, like Island living, which can be interesting at times if you can get beyond the persona of somewhat spoiled lucky sob's looking for life on an island Smiley Very Happy

Another thing, years ago, when the show first started airing, it used to be narrated by an Asian women who would briefly step in front of the camera at the beginning of the show to set the situation for the buyers but someone else would take over as the  realtor showing the houses.  Throughout the show that Asian woman would narrate off and on.  Anyone else remember her?  She hasn't been on like that in I don't know how long.

Honored Contributor

I am bored with HGTV.......I rarely watch......Like everyone else said here, it is the same old thing every show, and I get sick of hearing the same comments, so I rarely watch it. If you ask me HGTV needs an overhaul with new shows, and get some decorating back in the mix.........

Honored Contributor

I still watch this because it comes on at 10pm and it's what I watch right before going to sleep.

But I am finding that the couples are more and more annoying.  Everything has to be totally redone in every house before they can even move in.  I guess they've never heard of doing things in small steps while living there.

It also seems the house they complain about the most is the one they end up purchasing.  What really drives me nuts is when they talk about needing a large yard for a dog or kids but buy a house with the smallest/nonexistent yard.  I don't know why they just don't stay living where they are then.   

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I still watch this because it comes on at 10pm and it's what I watch right before going to sleep.

But I am finding that the couples are more and more annoying.  Everything has to be totally redone in every house before they can even move in.  I guess they've never heard of doing things in small steps while living there.

It also seems the house they complain about the most is the one they end up purchasing.  What really drives me nuts is when they talk about needing a large yard for a dog or kids but buy a house with the smallest/nonexistent yard.  I don't know why they just don't stay living where they are then.   

@Lipstickdiva They have already purchased their home before the show is even made. That is a prerequisite to being on the show. The show is fake, so whatever the couple says on the show is fake, made up, scripted.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva They have already purchased their home before the show is even made. That is a prerequisite to being on the show. The show is fake, so whatever the couple says on the show is fake, made up, scripted.

I know that but they really bought 1 of the 3 houses shown on the air and it's generally the one they complained about the most.

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I like to see the houses and the areas.  I can do without the couples totally. 

Complaining about paint color, carpets and every thing else that can be changed!  Like the previous owners should have had the house done for the buyer(s). 

They need to have a house built then! 

@Mary Bailey

I agree.....and some of these young couples want totally up to date kitchens with brand new appliances and fancy bathrooms, brand new flooring all at a totally unrealistic bargain basement pricie---they need a reality check for sure!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

I've watched the show on and off for years.  Now they have more themed shows, like Island living, which can be interesting at times if you can get beyond the persona of somewhat spoiled lucky sob's looking for life on an island Smiley Very Happy

Another thing, years ago, when the show first started airing, it used to be narrated by an Asian women who would briefly step in front of the camera at the beginning of the show to set the situation for the buyers but someone else would take over as the  realtor showing the houses.  Throughout the show that Asian woman would narrate off and on.  Anyone else remember her?  She hasn't been on like that in I don't know how long.

@giddy up

I think that is the same woman who narrates House Hunters.  They just don't show her in person any more.  She's really good and must do a lot of preparation for each show!!!

New Contributor

I hate the new House Hunters Family.  Not really interested in watching a bunch of kids being silly and offering childish opinions and suggestions,