Regular Contributor

Homeworx Candles seem to be burning too fast!

Hi Ladies--I'm not sure if it's just me or not but I'm noticing my Slatkin candles are not lasting as long as they used to. Anyone else having this problem? I recently ordered 2 sets of the triple wick scents. One was 2 Xmas candles & the other was 2 autumn candles. I've been rotating between the 2 autumn scents but I noticed that the candles are almost used up! I work all day so I usually burn them for a couple of hours at night plus I've been rotating the scents so both candles are being used at the same amout of time yet both candles are almost gone! I seem to remember Slatkin candles lasting so long that I used to put them away until the following season. I just got these candles about a month ago & they're almost gone!

Respected Contributor

Re: Homeworx Candles seem to be burning too fast!

Yes, I thought the same thing. I light candles regularly, & most brands last a very long time. But I'm blowing through these. They are too pricey to use up quickly. 

I used to always look for candle sales during Nordstrom's Anniversary sales. A few years ago,  they had "Illume" brand candles. I bought 2 different scents. They burned perfectly, & slowly, & each candle lasted at least 6 months. I wonder if that brand has been riuned, too, lol?

Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I was thinking about trying Slatkn candles for the first time since they are available As Is, Thanks for taking the time to post your opinion, I appreciate it. I don't use candles often but usually buy Woodwick, like the crackling sound they make.

Respected Contributor

Now I have a different outlook.  I burned his new 3 wick and the one I bought at BB Shop that he sold to them.  The one from his Homeworx brand is burning much slower and the one from BB Shop is burning away in minutes (literally).  I had to blow out the BB candle in 1 hour because it was goin so fast.  The Homeworx candle took a long time to just burn the whole first layer from glass to glass.  I still don't think his new line is economical but it is what it is.

Trusted Contributor

I am surprised to see 14 items of Homeworx in the "as is" catagory so soon after being presented.  Wish some things I have had on my wish list for years would get "as is" or clearance.  Go figure.

I will say that the 3 wicks will burn faster than a single wick candle.

Frequent Contributor

I agree that these candles are burning through quicker than what was stated.  I had

one of three wick candles burn totally gone in 15 hrs.  The other one I had placed 

upstairs and while burning the same time as the one downstairs in burned out in 20 hours.  These were the autumn three wick candles.  I have the plug ins in and have

had them on for about 2 weeks and they are almost gone also.

Honored Contributor

Wow Ladies-Thanks for posting. I have two of his 3 wicks, but haven't burned them yet-good info to know!  I wonder if the As Is are returns......I burn candles every evening after work for about 2-3 hours, but am in the middle of another candle.Will try one of the 3 wicks next week.

Regular Contributor

My thanks to all the ladies that took the time to post. At least I know I'm not the only one going throught these candles! I used to love Slatkin but I can't justify the expense of these candles if I'm burning through them so fast.

Spoiler

Regular Contributor

sorry--don't know why "spoiler" is there. guess I must have hit something.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Wow Ladies-Thanks for posting. I have two of his 3 wicks, but haven't burned them yet-good info to know!  I wonder if the As Is are returns......I burn candles every evening after work for about 2-3 hours, but am in the middle of another candle.Will try one of the 3 wicks next week.

I don't think I'd like to receive a candle that had already been used by someone else, even at a reduced price! I'll get them someplace else.