Respected Contributor

@HangingTen wrote:

Am I the only one who finds it odd that a bakeware company is selling Christmas trees??

LOL, no.  

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

Well, if Bruce Makowsky can go from selling handbags to selling electronic equipment then to flipping houses, I guess anything goes these days!

Smiley LOL

Valued Contributor

Well......, I took a look under new arrivals on the home page. Smiley Frustrated

Temp-tations

Valued Contributor

Re: Holy Cow! Temp-tations now has a Christmas tree, and you won't believe...

She's now selling soap in a gift box----two bars for 16.00.

I noticed there is NO mention of where this soap is made. 

Honored Contributor

@Sylanne wrote:

She's now selling soap in a gift box----two bars for 16.00.

I noticed there is NO mention of where this soap is made. 

I saw this and thought it was quite expensive. Our TJ Maxx has the most beautiful and wonderful smelling soaps, wrapped up in the most beautiful ways for all seasons, for only $3.99  each. I've given many as gifts and kept many as well. And you can smell before you buy. 

I really don't know what they are thinking. Focus on the quality control for the dishes and leave home decor for someone else.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nomore wrote:

So I guess we are going to have an onslaught of Temptation ornaments, old world tree skirt with matching stockings, of course, linens to coordinate and on and on...

This is just weird the direction this brand is going. I wonder who/brand will be kicked to the curb next because of this.

I'm just grouchy, I finally get the chance to sit down and watch some of cooking day and it's all Temptation, so I had to find something else to watch while winding down. I wanted to to see a new gadget or two.

@Nomore  I have a couple pieces of the older Temptations bakeware and have had no problems, but I've had family and co-workers complain about the newer Temptation pieces cracking, crazing, and how they are poorly painted, so my take is before Tara expands the line, she needs to work on the quality of her dinnerware and bakeware pieces first...that's her bread and butter..... 

Oh and there are already Christmas ornaments ---

Item H206305

Temp-tations 14-piece Decoupage Ornament Set in Storage Box - H206305

And H206223

Temp-tations Set of 8 Cookie Cutter Ornaments with Gift Box - H206223

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio

@SusanLouise

Oh, trust me, if I had the opportunity to speak to Tara on air I would DEFINATELY ask those questions!

I would be CRAZED not to!Smiley LOL

I am off to check inventory on Old World Christmas stockings and candle sticks to place next to the Temptations tree. I think it will make a beautiful tableau. (Don't you love that word??)

Hope she made a tree skirt in green Old World to be displayed with the stockings to match.

I think it will be a nice replacement for the handmade, beaded tree skirt made by my grandmother! Heart

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I totally agree with you, Spurt. I had only one set/piece of old Temptations and it was solid green but with green decoration molded into the ceramic. It was fine but I didn't use it often.

Now I see all the problems in the past few years, the vendor needs to take care of this, and not expand. She shouldn't wait until the day someone gets hurt because then it's too late. From past posts, I'm amazed it hasn't happened.....yet.  Expansion of this line just means someone(and more than one) is money hungry in my opinion and doesn't care to make quality items, just churn them out by the thousands without thinking. 

Edited to add: I'm not picking only on this vendor with problems. I've even had a square Fiestaware crack on me, and the company wanted to know how it happened. They didn't just shove it under the rug, they were very keen about the cracking when baking. I just want companies to have the integrity of owning the problems.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nomore wrote:

I totally agree with you, Spurt. I had only one set/piece of old Temptations and it was solid green but with green decoration molded into the ceramic. It was fine but I didn't use it often.

Now I see all the problems in the past few years, the vendor needs to take care of this, and not expand. She shouldn't wait until the day someone gets hurt because then it's too late. From past posts, I'm amazed it hasn't happened.....yet.  Expansion of this line just means someone(and more than one) is money hungry in my opinion and doesn't care to make quality items, just churn them out by the thousands without thinking. 

Edited to add: I'm not picking only on this vendor with problems. I've even had a square Fiestaware crack on me, and the company wanted to know how it happened. They didn't just shove it under the rug, they were very keen about the cracking when baking. I just want companies to have the integrity of owning the problems.

@NomoreI agree,  I think people realize that things can go wrong in the manufacturing process, but the CS at the vendor's website was not very sympathetic or concerned when a co-worker contacted them to report the problem she had.  When bad things happen, taking the situation and resolving the issue go a long way to restoring confidence in the product and retaining a customer.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

It's definitely versatile, but I don't like the shape of the shorter versions...kinda squatty looking. Even if we needed another tree (just got a Vickerman last year), I don't buy the ones pre-lit. I like being able to choose our own lights. I don't mind taking the extra few minutes to string lights on the tree.

I'm sure it might be a great option for many Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise  I watched the video to see what the tree was all about, and I agree I do not like the shape of the shorter version. 

I am happy with my Martha Stewart Instant Power tree I got last year...Smiley Happy