Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone used Home Depot contractors???

We "almost" did.  Was looking to remodeled our kitchen.  First a lady came out to measure and to decide what and where to put new cabinets then another person (a guy) came out and said all the measurements were wrong...it was just all wrong.  I did try to work it out.  Went to HD to talk to someone.  Saw the guy who came to my house.  When he noticed me, he took off the other way.  

Esteemed Contributor

Did you look at flooring in a flooring store?  I had an electrician tell me once that if you want flooring, go to a flooring store; light fixtures, go to a light store, etc.  Very good advice.  A flooring store will have more options and more experience.  But if you stick with your Home Depot product, I would ask if they guarantee the work.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

We purchased & had HD contractors install our basement carpet & stairs last year. Very professional & polite. Looks great to us. No complaints here. 

Honored Contributor

Yes I've used HD contractors as recently as a couple months ago. 

I haven't had any problems and very pleased.

I replaced most doors (inside and out) and had window shutters installed to replace most of the blinds in my house.

What a difference shutters made. Now my cats don't bother the windows anymore.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips 

yes I will go to the contractors "supplier".

I only went to HD because this is where I purchased the flooring for bathroom.  The salesgirl told me about they install, etc.

I wanted something to compare my contractors estimate too.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never use a sub-contractor thru Home Depot. Best to find ur own service people. Thru Yelp -- or post an ad on nextdoor dot com. I've used both sites and found the best service people. A few years ago, I know a family that ordered a new door and new granite countertop thru subs of Home Depot. Both were disasters and they had a hard time getting their money back. Also, get at least 5 estimates. Make sure they'll give u a FREE estimate. They could charge whatever they want - and mess up ur floor.