Respected Contributor

Not an exciting topic, I know! But came home from the store today with the Pledge brand. Just squirt and mop. The tip has 3 small holes so it acts like a controlled spray. It cleaned up the hardwood surface so easily, even "stuck on something" under the breakfast bar, dried almost immediately, and is not sticky. Love this stuff! Now, no one burst my bubble please with stories how it ate the finish after 3 uses! Lol. Just thought I would share something that makes my work easier. 

Honored Contributor

Glad it worked well for you! I've always used Murphy's Oil Soap on our hardwood floors, it works great too.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I am glad I found it too and think the Pledge might be good for quick cleanups in between the thorough scrub. Especially because it dries immediately and isn't sticky. 

Trusted Contributor

I didn't know about the Pledge brand hardwood cleaner. Good info and thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

I use Minwax hardwood floor cleaner.  Love it!

Regular Contributor

I use bona. It's non toxic and safe for pets. I would not trust anything mainstream really to be safe for pets, etc. Just my personal quirk.

Honored Contributor

To me this IS an exciting topic!  LOL

I don't have any carpeting, but still vacuum floors first, then I dry mop with one of those loopy mops, not microfiber ones.

I wash all my hardwoods weekly with dish liquid (7th Generation or Nature's Promise) and buckets of warm water.

I use a Quickie mop (sold at Lowe's and some grocery stores).

For bathroom floors (mine are tile) I use same brands, but their laundry detergent and HOT water.  Weekly.

Honored Contributor

@blondegirl wrote:

I use bona. It's non toxic and safe for pets. I would not trust anything mainstream really to be safe for pets, etc. Just my personal quirk.

"Murphy's Oil Soap", too. 

I used it back in the 90's when I had a very old house with original hardwood floors.

My two cats were just fine, even though kitties ingest more since they groom more.

I'll also be using it in my current place, knowing it will also be safe for my future cat companion 

Thanks for the "Bona "recc; I'll definitely check it out.

Respected Contributor

Just moved to a place with all hardwood floors & loving it.  However, DH's & my feet were pitch black when we first moved in (Murphy's Oil).  Needless to say, socks/footies are now a staple in our house, lol.  I am anxious to try the pledge you suggested.  Thanks for the FYI.  

Respected Contributor

I don't have pets so didn't read the label in the store. Just checked and it says to keep out of the reach of children and pets, but not that it is poisonous.