Esteemed Contributor

Re: Happy with my furniture switch up

Looks great!

As a matter of fact, I just rearranged some chairs in a sitting room, and adjusted the position of a rug. Then of course, I had to play with throw pillows.  I toyed with idea of taking a table out, but I wasn't happy when I tried it, though it is what led to the whole idea of changing the chairs and the rug.

Like you putting the throw on the bench, and it coming together, sometimes its just the finishing touches like that, or just moving things an inch or two, that works.

I was pleased when I walked into the room this morning.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

My mother was a great one for rearranging furniture.  I used love it coming home from school and seeing a completely different room.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful!

I'm really loving the bench.

And sorry to be snoopy, but the piece of furniture with the drawers and doors off to the side/behind the bench, what is that? The wood and hardware are beautiful. Looks like it could be a hutch or similar piece, and just beautiful as well!

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeachOur style is very similar.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Beautiful!

And sorry to be snoopy, but the piece of furniture with the drawers and doors off to the side/behind the bench, what is that? The wood and hardware are beautiful. Looks like it could be a hutch or similar piece, and just beautiful as well!

Hi @Mominohio

The piece you're seeing is the bottom portion of the dining room hutch.  It's a Henredon piece purchased way back in the 1970s, but to my eye hasn't aged a single bit.  

Funny story, I fell in love with it the first time I turned the corner in the department store and saw the dining table, and then the rest of the set.  I had a hard time convincing my then-husband that we NEEDED this set.  Now, many years later, it still feels like the right decision (and it's in my home, not his.)

This is just a random photo I found online.  Mine has glass shelves in the top.  This guy seems to have taken them out.

Image result for henredon vera cruz

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Beautiful!

Hi @Mominohio

The piece you're seeing is the bottom portion of the dining room hutch.  It's a Henredon piece purchased way back in the 1970s, but to my eye hasn't aged a single bit.  

Funny story, I fell in love with it the first time I turned the corner in the department store and saw the dining table, and then the rest of the set.  I had a hard time convincing my then-husband that we NEEDED this set.  Now, many years later, it still feels like the right decision (and it's in my home, not his.)

This is just a random photo I found online.  Mine has glass shelves in the top.  This guy seems to have taken them out.

Image result for henredon vera cruz

@GingerPeach

Wow! That has a lot of great display area at the top! Love it!

Don't you love when you choose something like this, and you still love it just as much decades later? I'm that way about my wood pieces. Like a rescued dog, they tend to find their 'forever home' with me! LOL

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach  Just charming. Love your sweet home touches. 

Honored Contributor

There is a lot to be said for love at first sight, aka trusting your instincts, @Mominohio

I completely agree as to dogs!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.