Honored Contributor

Re: H206894 FROSTED TWIG BRANCH SPRAYS

@mousiegirl  Well, I went back and ordered a second set of the Twig Branches.  I just know that if I don't I'll be wishing I had come November and they'll all be gone.  :-)@Kitty Galore  I like the way you justify the purchases, makes me feel much better.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I have missed out on so many christmas items I wanted and they were gone when I decided I couldn't live without. I learned , if I love it get it now!  And yes, justifying really helps lol ! 

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I have missed out on so many christmas items I wanted and they were gone when I decided I couldn't live without. I learned , if I love it get it now!  And yes, justifying really helps lol ! 

Years ago, when I would come home with purchases and tell DH that if I waited they would be gone, he would say, "better get 'em." Lol.

Esteemed Contributor

mousiegirl,  what a great hubby!  He's a keeper !!  Mine would say "well that's a sign it wasn't meant to be". Lol

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

mousiegirl,  what a great hubby!  He's a keeper !!  Mine would say "well that's a sign it wasn't meant to be". Lol

kitty, I think he was being sarcastic to me, but I didn't care because I had my purchases, lol.

Honored Contributor

Has anyone received the Frosted Branches yet?  I don't think mine will come until Thursday as they shipped them by that dreaded Sure Post where UPS brings them so far and then gives them to USPS making them a day or two late.  I'm anxious to see them.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

Has anyone received the Frosted Branches yet?  I don't think mine will come until Thursday as they shipped them by that dreaded Sure Post where UPS brings them so far and then gives them to USPS making them a day or two late.  I'm anxious to see them.

Not yet, lucy, way out here in the West takes forever.  FedEx delivers to usps and they bring the packages here, but what is the point of this?  UPS still delivers to the house around here.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

Not yet, lucy, way out here in the West takes forever.  FedEx delivers to usps and they bring the packages here, but what is the point of this?  UPS still delivers to the house around here.

Same here.  With Fedex Smartpost,  they always pass it along to USPS, which takes another day or two. 

With UPS Surepost, I find it's still about 50/50% chance that UPS will deliver it early, directly to me, instead of passing it onto USPS.  I appreciate that, especially if the package is large.  Our rural mail carriers drive smaller vehicles, which don't have much room to hold large packages for delivery.  I cringe whenever our mail carrier shows up with a huge package that was better suited for one of the big trucks. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

Same here.  With Fedex Smartpost,  they always pass it along to USPS, which takes another day or two. 

With UPS Surepost, I find it's still about 50/50% chance that UPS will deliver it early, directly to me, instead of passing it onto USPS.  I appreciate that, especially if the package is large.  Our rural mail carriers drive smaller vehicles, which don't have much room to hold large packages for delivery.  I cringe whenever our mail carrier shows up with a huge package that was better suited for one of the big trucks. 

@SHOPR @mousiegirl  If UPS has a delivery in my area they will deliver mine too but they turned these over to USPS today so I may get them tomorrow.  I know what you're saying about the large packages being delivered by the mail or them showing up with five or more boxes at one time.  I wonder how they found a place for all of that in that tiny vehicle.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The frosted twig branches arrived today and are beautiful, but the stems are shorter than I had expected, only eight inches.  I had planned to put them in a tall vase along with other items, but these are more suitable as picks or for short vases.  The branches I bought last year from Christmas stores were very substantial and on long stems.