Honored Contributor

H205784 - VPH Mercury glass pumpkins

They are absolutely beautiful but when they arrived I heard the box rattling.  At first I thought oh no their broken but it was lite wires hanging outside the pumpkins. I was able to unscrew the bottom and fix them inside BUT they don't stay lit!

I put new batteries in them of course. They are so pretty when lit! 

Has as anyone had this problem before I send them back for replacement. (The print is so small on the base I can't read it and there were no other directions in the box -- just small thank you card from Valerie)

Honored Contributor

Re: H205784 - VPH Mercury glass pumpkins

@homedecor1 wrote:

They are absolutely beautiful but when they arrived I heard the box rattling.  At first I thought oh no their broken but it was lite wires hanging outside the pumpkins. I was able to unscrew the bottom and fix them inside BUT they don't stay lit!

I put new batteries in them of course. They are so pretty when lit! 

Has as anyone had this problem before I send them back for replacement. (The print is so small on the base I can't read it and there were no other directions in the box -- just small thank you card from Valerie)

I have two sets of these, love them, and could use more, but am restraining myself.  I only tested them, so the lights weren't on for long, but they stayed lit.

Respected Contributor

I also have two sets & both are fabulous.  I will admit when I heard the rattling in the box before I opened it, I just knew something was broke.  Was I happy when nothing was broken.  I am trying to resist ordering the champagne set offered on eBay.  I would definately replace them, they are worth it!

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop

@mousiegirl

I am so dumb....(I like to blame it on sr moments but won't) I put the batteries in wrong😳😱😏😁

i had had my husband look at them with better eyes and so far they are working and now I'm so tempted to order another set!!!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@BornToShop

@mousiegirl

I am so dumb....(I like to blame it on sr moments but won't) I put the batteries in wrong😳😱😏😁

i had had my husband look at them with better eyes and so far they are working and now I'm so tempted to order another set!!!

That has happened to me also, so you aren't alone. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

I also have two sets & both are fabulous.  I will admit when I heard the rattling in the box before I opened it, I just knew something was broke.  Was I happy when nothing was broken.  I am trying to resist ordering the champagne set offered on eBay.  I would definately replace them, they are worth it!

They are only offered in orange here, so never heard of a champagne set.

Respected Contributor

Oh boy, I'm gonna have to stop looking at links like these. I just looked at those. They look so nice. I'm trying to stop buying stuff until I can haul some things out of here, lol. That's not happening too fast due to my back issues. Ugh. 

What color did you get?  I wondered what the chocolate looked like. 

Honored Contributor

@Reba055

I purchased the pumpkins and am tempted to get another set. I have for many years the wax version these are much nicer and love the glow.

although I took this pic before I fixed my oops! They are all workingimage.jpg

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@BornToShop

@mousiegirl

DH has also has had to assist me as well.  The problem now is, his eyes are getting about as bad as mine...!  

Honored Contributor

You guys got me again...I ordered them too LOL!

I was on the fence because I don't need any more Fall stuff.

Of course need & want are two entirely different things for me!