Esteemed Contributor

Re: Green glitter tree in VPH promo for this weekend

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR  Check this out...Wayfair  FNTC2174.

Edited to correct item #.  This one works.

That is nice, @lucymo.  Too bad it isn't frosted or icy, though.  I have my heart set on the icy or snowy look.  I think I will be trying the spray from Joann.  It looks more like boxwood to me than the typical look of eucalyptus, but for some reason they call it eucalyptus with box berries, whatever they are.  Ha Ha.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR  Check this out...Wayfair  FNTC2174.

Edited to correct item #.  This one works.

That is nice, @lucymo.  Too bad it isn't frosted or icy, though.  I have my heart set on the icy or snowy look.  I think I will be trying the spray from Joann.  It looks more like boxwood to me than the typical look of eucalyptus, but for some reason they call it eucalyptus with box berries, whatever they are.  Ha Ha.

@SHOPR I think you can make those sprays work.  I noticed also on the garland there was no size given.  What's up with that, all these places don't even give sizes and I won't order if I don't know the size.  I liked the paper houses at Joanns but think they are too large for me but again, no size given.  Hope this works out for you. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo, I ordered a couple of the sprays from Joann.  I was tempted to get a paper house, too, but I decided to wait until we can find out a bit more about the sizes.

When I zoomed in closely on the houses on sale for around $10, I noticed hooks and hanging threads attached to their tops.  I am guessing that those are all ornament sized, which I would think is small enough for most cloches, but could even be too small.  It is anyone's guess the size of the larger ones. There is no sense spending money on one that I may not be able to use.  There are two in particular that I like, though.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo, I ordered a couple of the sprays from Joann.  I was tempted to get a paper house, too, but I decided to wait until we can find out a bit more about the sizes.

When I zoomed in closely on the houses on sale for around $10, I noticed hooks and hanging threads attached to their tops.  I am guessing that those are all ornament sized, which I would think is small enough for most cloches, but could even be too small.  It is anyone's guess the size of the larger ones. There is no sense spending money on one that I may not be able to use.  There are two in particular that I like, though.

@SHOPR  Yes, some of them are ornaments.  I just don't understand why they don't give sizes.  I think I'll just look around locally for what I need, tired of ordering and not being pleased with some of it when I get it.  We have a couple of local craft stores that I'll check out, haven't been there for awhile.  I don't have cut and dried ideas for my cloches yet so won't be a problem.  I hope your sprays work out for you on your mantle.  :-)

Honored Contributor

cloche winter village.jpg

@SHOPR  Found this online last year and saved it.  I thought it might inspire you.  LOL  I love it and tried to find the right items to make it but didn't get it done.  Maybe this year.

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

cloche winter village.jpg

@SHOPR  Found this online last year and saved it.  I thought it might inspire you.  LOL  I love it and tried to find the right items to make it but didn't get it done.  Maybe this year.

It is one of the most beautiful cloche scenes I have seen, @lucymo

Mine won't hold nearly that much stuff, because it is not that wide.  I love how they used a pierced metal tray as the base. 

Valued Contributor

@mallemo wrote:

I asked Valerie on her FB page about this tree and she said it is not hers. I wonder why they would put an item that she is not selling in one of her promos? Oh well.

I'm not sure why VPH said this green tree was not one of her items as I see it here under New Arrivals.

Esteemed Contributor

@mallemo wrote:

@mallemo wrote:

I asked Valerie on her FB page about this tree and she said it is not hers. I wonder why they would put an item that she is not selling in one of her promos? Oh well.

I'm not sure why VPH said this green tree was not one of her items as I see it here under New Arrivals.

I'm glad the mystery of the tree is finally solved, and that you didn't miss it, @mallemo.  Are you getting one?  It seems a bit expensive compared to other similar glitter figures.  I also noticed that the description does not state whether or not it is color changing.  I know my nephews would love one because they love the swirling glitter items, but I will pass. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mallemo, Did you know that there is a new Holiday forum now?  It is just under the Home forum in the list to the left.  Just FYI.  I wouldn't want you to miss it. 

Valued Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@mallemo, Did you know that there is a new Holiday forum now?  It is just under the Home forum in the list to the left.  Just FYI.  I wouldn't want you to miss it. 

@SHOPR...Thanks for that into. I have seen it but have not had time to go and check it out. Soon!