Respected Contributor

Re: Got some chairs reupholstered and need opinions

I am LOLing at some of your comments!   I read them to DH.  Hahaha. 

No, susankay, you cannot adopt my cocker.  He is my little angel!!

Honored Contributor

The chairs look really nice with the skirts and I want to hug RugerHeart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom

the chair I think is lovely - the "skirt" I think finishes it to a nice tailor look.

Ive been searching high & low for this style & neutral material...I think I know the answer after seeing your chair, find it at 2nd hand shop & re-upholster.

Great job & cute dig too!

Trusted Contributor

@crazycockermom

I think the chair and ottoman both look great as is!

I had my loveseat and a thrift store ottoman recovered this summer. It is good to save and refresh a good, old piece of furniture!

Respected Contributor

The chair looks very nice.  I like it untufted and with the skirt.  

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom  I prefer the chair with the skirt.  I don't especially care for the legs on it, as someone said, doesn't really add anything to the chair.  I do like the fabric that you chose.

Trusted Contributor

They are lovely!  Leave the skirts!  If you are really dissatisfied with the skirts, I'd replace the legs.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Valued Contributor

That style of chair, even with different legs, I think would look like something was missing without the skirt on it.  I think it looks great the way it is!

Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom, I like the chairs just as they are with the skirts.  What a transformation.  Lovely corner cabinet, too.

Question: Do you happen to know the name of your wall color behind the chair?  I've still not painted my living room, so I'm always noticing colors that appeal to me and wondering what they are called.  It looks a little similar to what I've used in my dining room (SW Svelte Sage) but photos can show things much differently than they actually are on the wall, so who knows. 

Respected Contributor

Again, thank you all for your comments.  Skirts are staying!  The more I look at my "new" chairs, the more I love them.

@SHOPR

I am pretty sure the color on my living room walls is Valspar Morning Zen.  It's a sagey green and I like very much.  When I saw that corner cabinet at a really nice re-sale store, I knew it'd look perfect in my new green living room.  Smiley Happy