Valued Contributor

Got my LED Vintage Paper House from...

Joann's today and it is SO cute. It is well made/sturdy and will be perfect for my cloche vignette. Technically, it is an ornament as it has a gold thread for hanging. It's a good size though..4" tall x 3" wide. This one was not available in my local store so I ordered it. I'm going to my store this week and will see what they have because I need some of their small bottlebrush trees to go with the house. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Got my LED Vintage Paper House from...

They looked really cute.  Wish I had somewhere to put them.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the measurements, @country gal, and I'm glad you love it. 

Is it by any chance one of the two red houses, or the light blue house?  I have my eye on those three in particular.  The colors I am referring to are the house color, not the roof color. 

Valued Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

They looked really cute.  Wish I had somewhere to put them.

You could hang them on the tree (if you do Christmas) or set them on a shelf or mantle or even a side/lamp table. Not that I'm trying to tempt you or anything, HaHa.

Valued Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Thanks for the measurements, @country gal, and I'm glad you love it. 

Is it by any chance one of the two red houses, or the light blue house?  I have my eye on those three in particular.  The colors I am referring to are the house color, not the roof color. 

It's the very first one when you do a search...Red & white house with the arched front door and a small tree with 3 red  ball ornaments to the right side of the door. It's actually more burgandy than red and the roof is white snow covered. HTH

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks, @country gal.  Yep, that is one of the red ones I have my eye on! 

Honored Contributor

I wish my houses from Joann's would come but looks like not tomorrow either, somewhere in Ohio.   Don't know why they took so long to ship mine. Glad you like yours, @country gal amd thanks for the measurements.  Even though they probably vary from house to house it gives me an idea. 

Honored Contributor

I saw the houses at Joann's last week.  They're really nice though I wish they were just houses rather than ornaments.  They were on sale 30% off, so I wasn't able to use my 50% coupon.  They seem to be lit from the inside ("illuminated" per VPH); there's a round hole in back of each covered with a plastic piece a little larger than a quarter.  I guess that holds the light and small battery.  I'd rather not have that either - plastic on the paper glitter house seems incongruous.

Valued Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I saw the houses at Joann's last week.  They're really nice though I wish they were just houses rather than ornaments.  They were on sale 30% off, so I wasn't able to use my 50% coupon.  They seem to be lit from the inside ("illuminated" per VPH); there's a round hole in back of each covered with a plastic piece a little larger than a quarter.  I guess that holds the light and small battery.  I'd rather not have that either - plastic on the paper glitter house seems incongruous.

The plastic battery compartment on mine is actually on the bottom. I plan on using mine in a cloche so it won't show anyway. I'm going to J's tomorrow to see the ones they carry in stock. Would love to get one of the large ones, but  they're not carried in my store. If I could catch another free ship day I would order one then.