Frequent Contributor

Good things come to those who wait ..or how I got something I had wanted for years given to me!

[ Edited ]

I live out in the country and passed a house on the road leading to our home  on the way out. Every Christmas this  fabulous sleigh made of heavy wire work and a deer graced the entry way. It was lovely and rich looking, deer had a wreath around its neck everything was life sized! . I admired  it so my sweet husband Edward tried to find me one like it to no avail all the stores had were flimsy cheap looking. My  sweetie actually asked them about selling it . they loved it as well. Well last week on our way home we noticed the house had a moving van. The owners were putting everything out curbside just as we were  driving by ! There was my deer and sleigh! We got out and they said take it! Seems they had gotten a quick offer on the house and were moving to Florida! I was so so excited! We loaded it up and it now is in my garage  waiting to be a special part of our Christmas. Moral of the story never give up  your desires!  Actually waiting made this sweeter I do believe!  Maryanne

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Good things come to those who wait ..or how I got something I had wanted for years given to me!

What a nice story...I am so happy for you....

Honored Contributor

Re: Good things come to those who wait ..or how I got something I had wanted for years given to me!

Wow! Talk about perfect timing! You were obviously meant to have this beautiful set. I would have a pit in my stomach just thinking that if someone else had driven by just before or if I hadn't been out at just that time, I'd have missed it!

Congratulations and enjoy it this upcoming holiday season, and for many, many more!

Super Contributor

What an awesome story!  Enjoy that treasure, and thank you for sharing.

"I always have a chair for you in the smallest parlor in the world, to wit, my heart." --Emily Dickinson
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for letting me share! I had already had the perfect day with myLovely mother and father inlaw .This was such a special gift to add to my day! Glad  to post something fun!Maryanne

Respected Contributor

I'm so happy for you. I love how grateful you are. I feel the same way about things like this. I'm always grateful for the small things that have a lot of meaning to me. Life is full of them and I believe we all should stop to smell the roses.  I would love to see it once it's up in all its glory!!!!!!  Enjoy!

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

@keeper of the koi  What a great story!  I love happy endings and hope you will post a pic when it's all set at your home. 

Frequent Contributor

It was meant to be yours.  So glad you got it.  I love stories like this

Esteemed Contributor

What a great story.  I'm so happy for you that you ended up with it after all.  Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

@keeper of the koi, it was meant to be!!!  As another poster suggested, I hope you post a picture of it this season.

My favorite Christmas decoration is a life like size manger DH built to display my concrete nativity figures.  We buy a bale of hay, add the animals and a spotlight.  That and bliss lights make our Christmas scene.  It will be here before you know it.  LM