Honored Contributor

Re: Flannel Sheets

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz

"I measured the pocked on the sheets on the bed right now & they are about 17". I figure if a 17" pocket fits that the 15" pocket from LL Bean would not fit?"

Correct.  I always get the 18" to account for slight shrinkage.  I also have a high mattress.

All flannel sheets shrink.  It's a matter of how much that you have to worry about.  Flannels from LLBean are excellent when it comes to shrinkage.  Their flannels are of good quality.  They shrink "slightly" through the years.  You will hardly notice.

I thought all fitted sheets were elastic all around?  Never seen any w/o the elastic.

TIP:  Dry flannel sheets in the dryer on "low" to avoid shrinkage.

If you dry on perm press, remove from the dryer w/in 30 minutes.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Microfiber and microfleece are two different things.  The microfiber are poly sheets woven poly fiber but are very lightweight and airy, most aappropriate for summer use.  The microfleece is fuzzy, very soft and cozy for winter.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz

If you read any of my posts on the Fashion Forum, you know that I am a devotee of both places.

In my opinion, Land's End has kind of cheaped out lately, and I find that sometimes their quality is lacking compared to things I bought even three years ago.

I would go with L.L. Bean- free shipping, phenomenal CS, and you won't be disappointed with the quality.  

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz

Old mattress = fleece sheets these do breathe because they are knit but

New mattress = has a pillow top = fleece sheets feel hot/flannel sheets from LL Bean do not feel hot ( even in TX) and they do not shrink

This has been my experience

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

I was going to order a set of sheets from LL Bean or Land's End. I want the SuPima Cotton set they have. I noticed on LL Bean their set is up to 15" mattress for $200. Land's End says fits up to an 18" mattress for $229 or about $160 with the 30% off. Both say they resist shrinkage? My previous flannel sheets did shrink to the point where the fitted sheet barely fit. Our mattress is only 12". I measured the pocked on the sheets on the bed right now & they are about 17". I figure if a 17" pocket fits that the 15" pocket from LL Bean would not fit? I'm confused. Do any of you have a set of these sheets from either place? Did they shrink? I'm not sure which set to buy. Land's End has 30% off right now. I have been waiting for a coupon from LL Bean with no luck. Does LL Bean not have coupons as often as Land's End? Main thing is I don't want the fitted sheet with a lot of excess sheet to tuck in & stayed tucked in. Does anyone know if LL bean has elastic all around the fitted sheet?

That's correct, because they always have free shipping.

LLB also prices most things higher than LE.

Respected Contributor

I have L. L. Bean flannel sheets and love them.  The bottom fitted sheet has plenty of room.  Actually, I keep them on all year.  I haven't liked Lands End for quite awhile.  I don't know what happened to them but I do buy a lot from LL Bean.

LL Bean doesn't offer coupons but has free shipoing and you get it within a few days.

Esteemed Contributor

I have LE 5oz and 6oz flannel sheets. Really great sheets!

Super deep pockets. I have a pillowtop king in my bedroom with a 3" NN down on top featherbed. Sheets fit beautifully. No noticeable shrinkage.

I will say there is a noticeable difference in the 6oz. Much softer than the 5oz, even with liquid fabric softener.

I got the 5oz on clearance at the end of the season. Think I paid $29 for each king sheet in the remaining colors. The 6oz I got with 30% off coupon and free ship. Their prices are never lower than this. Even black friday.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for all the replies. I went back to LLB a couple of times today. I just went back to check something else out & it popped up with 10% off on an order placed now. I ordered the Supima Cotton Flannel sheets & some Merino Wool Ragg socks.  Hope I like the sheets. Hope the fitted sheet has elastic all around. I asked their online Chat help & was told it has 3/8" encased elastic around. They also had some Chamios Flannel sheets but those said it was heavier weight so I did not know if I would like those or not. I don't care for the heavier weight egyptian cotton sheets either.

Honored Contributor

I don't have sheets from either place, but Land's End has a fabulous return policy. They will take anything back at any time for any reason. If the product fails, even  after years of use, they will replace or refund. Not much to lose by trying them, and no short window to decide. You can return at your local Sears store as well.

I think LL Bean has the same return policy, so maybe try a set from each place.

Honored Contributor

If it gets much cooler here, I'm going to put our flannel sheets on. We love them in the cold months here.