Honored Contributor

I was going to order a set of sheets from LL Bean or Land's End. I want the SuPima Cotton set they have. I noticed on LL Bean their set is up to 15" mattress for $200. Land's End says fits up to an 18" mattress for $229 or about $160 with the 30% off. Both say they resist shrinkage? My previous flannel sheets did shrink to the point where the fitted sheet barely fit. Our mattress is only 12". I measured the pocked on the sheets on the bed right now & they are about 17". I figure if a 17" pocket fits that the 15" pocket from LL Bean would not fit? I'm confused. Do any of you have a set of these sheets from either place? Did they shrink? I'm not sure which set to buy. Land's End has 30% off right now. I have been waiting for a coupon from LL Bean with no luck. Does LL Bean not have coupons as often as Land's End? Main thing is I don't want the fitted sheet with a lot of excess sheet to tuck in & stayed tucked in. Does anyone know if LL bean has elastic all around the fitted sheet?

Honored Contributor

I just dug out my flannel sheets!  Unfortunately they are ancient and I have no idea whether came from LLB or Land's End  Nor would their quality say anything about the quality now, so I'll be watching for more answers here.  I do believe I will need to replace my flannels soon.

Honored Contributor

I used to buy flannel sheets from Land's End and LL Bean, but since I started buying the microfiber PolarFleece sheets here, I haven't gone back to flannel.

I had one set of flannel sheets that had elastic all the way around the fitted sheet, but I cannot remember where I got them.

Super Contributor

Hi @Nightowlz.  I have the LL Bean flannel from a few years ago.  I have a seprate mattress topper and the sheets fit fine.  They did not shrink or fade.  The sheets I have do not have elastic all around.  I remember something about the flannels between the two being different as far as weight and denisity.  I am really using the Malden Mills fleece a lot more because they wash and dry so much easier.  You are right about Bean not having much discounts.  A couple times a year they have a code in their catalog or send an email.  I do not have anything current.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Flannel Sheets

[ Edited ]

Try the  microfiber polar fleece sheets once you try them you will never go back to flannel.So soft and cozy all year round. They are not hot and heavy.You have to try them to believe  I love,love ,love them

Spoiler

sorry I don't know how I put spoiler on here and I do not even  know what it means 

Honored Contributor

@MadameQueen wrote:

Hi @Nightowlz.  I have the LL Bean flannel from a few years ago.  I have a seprate mattress topper and the sheets fit fine.  They did not shrink or fade.  The sheets I have do not have elastic all around.  I remember something about the flannels between the two being different as far as weight and denisity.  I am really using the Malden Mills fleece a lot more because they wash and dry so much easier.  You are right about Bean not having much discounts.  A couple times a year they have a code in their catalog or send an email.  I do not have anything current.

Well I don't think I would like a fitted sheet without elastic all the way around. That's all I have used for years. I just assumed all fitted sheets were made that way now. I guess not. I have never tried the fleece. I probably just need to order from Land's End. Hope the fitted sheet is not too large.

Millieshops Hope the quality is still there. It should be for the price.

ChynnaBlue I have never tried the Polar Fleece. Since I sleep hot & it's made out of polyester. I don't think I would like it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

ChynnaBlue ,they are never hot and light as a feather I love them

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Try the  microfiber polar fleece sheets once you try them you will never go back to flannel.So soft and cozy all year round. They are not hot and heavy.You have to try them to believe  I love,love ,love them

Spoiler

I don't understand how they cannot be hot. It's 100% poly. Poly does not breathe. I thought about trying them when Q had their last TSV. I passed on those because they had some kind of sewn in design at the top. I put my sheet up around my face & ears when I sleep so I knew I would not like that against my face. LOL!!! I guess other microfiber sheets are not the same as the Polar Fleece Brand?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never had a shrinkage problem with my LL Bean flannel sheets. And no I do not like the polar fleece sheets better than flannel. I have a set of QVC polar fleece. They tend to make me sweat even in the winter when I have the thermostat low.  And I'm not post menopausal or otherwise prone to sweating when sleeping. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

I never had a shrinkage problem with my LL Bean flannel sheets. And no I do not like the polar fleece sheets better than flannel. I have a set of QVC polar fleece. They tend to make me sweat even in the winter when I have the thermostat low.  And I'm not post menopausal or otherwise prone to sweating when sleeping. 

Thanks. I think I should pass since I sleep hot if I don't leave the AC turned way down. I like 100% egyptian cotton sheets for summer. I know I could not sleep on flannel or polar fleece sheets all year round like some do.