Honored Contributor

First Luminara disappointment - Votives

[ Edited ]

I missed these last year, so I jumped on them when they returned recently.

The item description doesn't say what they're made of, but the description does say 'Indoor Use Only', leading me to believe they were made of wax.

They're not....they're plastic. And they just look really cheap to me, but their price tag   sure isn't.

Mine will be going back. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: First Luminara disappointment - Votives

[ Edited ]

Sorry that you are disappointed.  That should have been clearly stated in the description and also should have been mentioned in the presentation. Somehow I already knew that they were plastic, but QVC needs to be more thorough about things like this.  

Link to votives with video:

http://www.qvc.com/Set-of-4-Luminara-4-Flameless-Votive-Candles-with-Timer.product.H206151.html

I am more interested in the tealights which are shorter.  I think they are also plastic, but for me it won't matter, because they will be completely hidden inside votive holders.  I just want the look of the Luminara flame.  

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Sorry that you are disappointed.  That should have been clearly stated in the description and also should have been mentioned in the presentation. Somehow I already knew that they were plastic, but QVC needs to be more thorough about things like this.  

http://www.qvc.com/Set-of-4-Luminara-4-Flameless-Votive-Candles-with-Timer.product.H206151.html

I am more interested in the tealights which are shorter.  I think they are also plastic, but for me it won't matter, because they will be completely hidden inside votive holders.  I just want the look of the Luminara flame.  

Interesting to see Jill rub a red candle at which point I expected her to announce what the candle was made of.  Maybe they feel that one should assume that if wax is not mentioned, then it isn't wax, but this is deceptive advertising not to menion all information pertaining to the item they are presenting and in the item description, so now add this to the lack of mentioning when a candle is scented.  QVC needs to correct this.  Mine are on the way, so hope I like them.

Valued Contributor

Speaking of tealights, has anyone seen these yet?

Beckyblu

Respected Contributor

I got mine on Monday and love them. Yes they are plastic but I use them in my Christmas decorations and under a gingerbread ceramic house. I want the flame effect and light. I wanted to order another set but they dang sold out! They fly out the door. I missed out on these last year. 

Valued Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR...I asked Susan Matthews on her FB page when and if the smaller votives/tealights were coming and this is the response that I got. I'm sure they were pictured in a promo about the same time as the Luminara TSV lantern so I assumed they would be coming soon.

"Tea lights aren't on the horizon yet. Too much technology to fit into too small a space."

Valued Contributor

I have quite an investment in Luminara candles. I love them and I think they are beautiful.

I want to know if anyone has seen a brand of flameless candles designed like Luminara but the name is Simplux. I picked one up at our local craft store and the flame on it is 360 degree all the  way around. Really quite impressive for a side view. It also has remote that lets you lower the flame to candle mode or  up to light mode and you can make it bright or dim. I looked these up and it says they can be ordered at Walmart and the one I have is wax.. I suppose they are fairly new . Dont get me wrong, I love Luminara but I do love the look of this round flame that you can see from all sides. I am fully expecting that Luminara will come out with something like this in the future. It  is genius really.

Beckyblu

Valued Contributor

@Junker2327 wrote:

I have quite an investment in Luminara candles. I love them and I think they are beautiful.

I want to know if anyone has seen a brand of flameless candles designed like Luminara but the name is Simplux. I picked one up at our local craft store and the flame on it is 360 degree all the  way around. Really quite impressive for a side view. It also has remote that lets you lower the flame to candle mode or  up to light mode and you can make it bright or dim. I looked these up and it says they can be ordered at Walmart and the one I have is wax.. I suppose they are fairly new . Dont get me wrong, I love Luminara but I do love the look of this round flame that you can see from all sides. I am fully expecting that Luminara will come out with something like this in the future. It  is genius really.

Beckyblu

@Junker2327...Does the flame move on the Simplux or is it fixed like on the Mirage brand?

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry that you are disappointed.  I like all of my Luminara candles, but I agree that the wax-covered ones look nicer.

Honored Contributor

@mallemo wrote:

@Junker2327 wrote:

Beckyblu

@Junker2327...Does the flame move on the Simplux or is it fixed like on the Mirage brand?

@Junker2327  @mallemo  I saw the Simplux candles on the Walmart website but they are very pricey as well.  A 5 1/4 " white wax candle is on sale for $35.99, said save $15.  Yes, it has a moving flame that what I could tell looked similiar to Solare.  They do have more of a 360 and I like that and also some glittered ones with wax drip look that are pretty.  I have a lot of Luminara and don't need to buy anymore right now but thanks @Junker2327 for the HU.