Valued Contributor

Filling the gap in the large TSV Lantern

I have a large Lantern that I purchased several years ago at Shopko-no candle included. I use an eight inch candle in it, but I put it on a pedistlal (SP?) or a candle holder to fill the gap above the top of the candle... the dead space. Most of the time I use a tree limb that my DH cut off a dead tree on our property because that is the rustic look I want, but you could use any type of pillar holder. You can then put filler in the bottom around the holder without covering up the candle. You may want to completely hide the pillar holder or not. If the candle in the TSV is removable, this could be the solution for those of you that don't like the dead space in the larger lantern. HTH

Honored Contributor

Re: Filling the gap in the large TSV Lantern

@country gal wrote:

I have a large Lantern that I purchased several years ago at Shopko-no candle included. I use an eight inch candle in it, but I put it on a pedistlal (SP?) or a candle holder to fill the gap above the top of the candle... the dead space. Most of the time I use a tree limb that my DH cut off a dead tree on our property because that is the rustic look I want, but you could use any type of pillar holder. You can then put filler in the bottom around the holder without covering up the candle. You may want to completely hide the pillar holder or not. If the candle in the TSV is removable, this could be the solution for those of you that don't like the dead space in the larger lantern. HTH

The candle in the TSV is not removable, so said Susan.

Valued Contributor

Re: Filling the gap in the large TSV Lantern

I thought someone said you just had to remove 4 scr ews on the bottom? Maybe not.