Trusted Contributor

Re: Favorite Laundry Soap? Mine is a new fav--Miele!!

I've been using Nellie's for several months and I love it.  No chemical smells and you actually use one teaspoon per load.  I did some handwashing and it did suds up.

Respected Contributor

Hi Jason,  I have a Miele washer and dryer, but have most always used Persil because that is what was recommended when I purchased the machines.

I didn't even know that Miele had come out with a branded detergent.  I'll have to purchase some and compare it to Persil.

Trusted Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

Hi Jason,  I have a Miele washer and dryer, but have most always used Persil because that is what was recommended when I purchased the machines.

I didn't even know that Miele had come out with a branded detergent.  I'll have to purchase some and compare it to Persil.

I got mine on Amazon.  I really like it Smiley Happy  But now hearing what people are saying about Nellie's make me want to try that too!!!! 

Trusted Contributor

poppinfresh wrote:

I only use Nellies now. Cleans my clothes so well, no residue and no perfume. My DH was always itching, no matter what detergent I bought, since using Nellies, he is a happy guy and I love the way my laundry comes out.

Wow!  Based on everyone's reviews I want and got some Nellie's a few seconds ago!  With my skin issues it may be a good solution for me as well!!  Thank you!!

In the meantime I also did several loads of wash today with the Miele!! 

Respected Contributor

@soonersis wrote
Can please you share your recipe with us?

The basic recipe is :

1 Bar Fels Naptha-I grate it with a hand cheese grater & then run it through the food processor until it’s powdery.

Add:

1C 20 Mule Team Borax

1C Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda

Pulse in food processor, until powders are completely mixed.

You can add Oxyclean if you want. I've added it & didn't see a difference. My oldest grandson insisted I add it when his brother was born because he always smelled like "womit".

Now I have 5 grandsons & they like to be here when I make the detergent. They like to add Purex Crystals to make it funner looking, but I don't think it does anything more than that & they are sort of expensive. I buy them when they are on sale & I have coupons. 

Add Purex Crystals to each batch & mix for just a few seconds more.Since I think that they are just for fun, you can add what as many as you like.

Add 1T per load of laundry. My new washing machine is huge, so I now use 2T per load.

I have a top load washer. My girls have HE top load machines & they have used this, too. I tell them to stay with 1T unless they are doing a load that will do an extra rinse or use more water.

Honored Contributor

I've watched the commercials on TV for a while now, with this additional information, I may have to try.

@Allegheny wrote:

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I have also made my own homemade laundry detergent for several years. I hate the smell of regular laundry detergent, fabric softeners & dryer sheets. I'm almost out so I was going to order some goats milk laundry detergent when I saw HSN has a TS today by Nellie's so I thought I would try it. I want the dryer balls either way.

I hope the dryer balls will help keep my king size sheets from balling up together while in the dryer. I have been drying the fitted 1st & the flat after.

I also use Soap Nuts for some laundry.

I purchased the Nellie laundry soap last year and I am still using it.  It is true you use one scoop.  I think you will be happy with it.

Trusted Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@soonersis wrote
Can please you share your recipe with us?

The basic recipe is :

1 Bar Fels Naptha-I grate it with a hand cheese grater & then run it through the food processor until it’s powdery.

Add:

1C 20 Mule Team Borax

1C Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda

Pulse in food processor, until powders are completely mixed.

You can add Oxyclean if you want. I've added it & didn't see a difference. My oldest grandson insisted I add it when his brother was born because he always smelled like "womit".

Now I have 5 grandsons & they like to be here when I make the detergent. They like to add Purex Crystals to make it funner looking, but I don't think it does anything more than that & they are sort of expensive. I buy them when they are on sale & I have coupons. 

Add Purex Crystals to each batch & mix for just a few seconds more.Since I think that they are just for fun, you can add what as many as you like.

Add 1T per load of laundry. My new washing machine is huge, so I now use 2T per load.

I have a top load washer. My girls have HE top load machines & they have used this, too. I tell them to stay with 1T unless they are doing a load that will do an extra rinse or use more water.

I am so impressed!  Thanks for posting this!! 

Honored Contributor

I really like nellies also, clothes just smell clean.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@JasoninBoston I too love the smell of Persil, it's almost addictive, not to mention it does a good job. Upon your recommendation, I am going to order Miele.