Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

I wish I could make up my mind about what color my decorating is!  It seems to be all over the place.  I'm trying to make a decision about berry garlands and I don't know what color would look good in the spot I need to fill!

@LTT1

I hear you! This is me. And I have been rather frustrated with myself in a way, for the last couple of years. 

What I did initally in setting up house decor, was to have a different color scheme and different styles of decor in different areas of my house. I did this because I had so many different types of styles and colors that I loved, and I could incorportate most anything I found, somewhere in my house. 

I have a traditional home, in that it has three stories, and many separate rooms, not a big open floor plan where everything is seen from everywhere else. So that allowed me to have a forest green and wine rose colored master bedroom, as well as a blue spare room and a pink spare room. My family room, more primitive in forest green and tan, my living room in blues and mauves (yes, I know, still stuck with the color choices of the 80's and 90's) with a victorian and antique flair etc. 

Lately I've wanted to neutral everything out, with tans, creams, and browns, so that I can use the walls, floors, and upholstered pieces as the neutral backdrop canvas to add seasonal colors and patterns with accesories and decor. I'm getting there very, very slowly, as I am still doing structural things and no money for new carpet, paint etc. all at once. 

In the meantime, if it helps, allow yourself to perhaps make different parts of your house very different, so that things you see that you love can be incorporated easily, somewhere. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio  Your home sounds so pretty!  The colors sound beautiful!

I just ordered fall berry picks and candle garlands from factorydirect.  Has anybody ordered from this company?  I am wondering if their artificials are nice looking?

fall spray.jpgautumn candy corn.jpg

So, I hope I like these... the one on the right is the same for the elements, but I purchased candle rings instead.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

I just ordered fall berry picks and candle garlands from factorydirect.  Has anybody ordered from this company?  I am wondering if their artificials are nice looking?

So, I hope I like these... the one on the right is the same for the elements, but I purchased candle rings instead.

@LTT1  Wow! Those picks look great!

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@LTT1

Those are beautiful! I'm off to Hobby Lobby for the first time since fall has been stocked, kind of afraid of what I might find!

Respected Contributor

anyoneshop at michaels?  its where i go first.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise

@Mominohio

That place I ordered from is having a big sale. I think artificials often don't look real. And dried bothers my nose!

Honored Contributor

@traveler

@Mominohio

Used to trek over to HL and Michaels periodically.

would love to hear about your finds!

Respected Contributor

@traveler wrote:

anyoneshop at michaels?  its where i go first.

In my area, Michael's has the worst customer service & line management.  I turn another year older in line waiting to be rang up, among other poor service examples.  I am lucky to have HomeGoods, JoAnn's,  Kirklands, Pier1 & Pottery Barn all around me.  It has been a long time since I have shopped at Michael's.  Have you seen/been there since their fall mdse is being put out?  I may have to check them out if so.  

Respected Contributor

The only other craft place in Alaska is Pier One.  Those other stores aren't available and the minute you say ship to Alaska S&H doubles-at least.  Even QVC raises their S&H.

Trusted Contributor

I stopped in AC Moore today. All of the Halloween decor was front and center. Of course, they also had Fall decor out. I bought a short string of Autumn colored lights last year, and went back for more and they were gone.

I spotted them this year and scooped them up! I love to use them in some of the stuff I already have, like grapevine pumpkins. I need to head up toward Hobby Lobby tomorrow, so I will see what they have.

I am of the opinion that it is never too early to purchase what you want. I have found if you wait until it goes on mark down, it may be gone for the year. Score when the scoring is good!