Honored Contributor

Re: Easter is so early this year - will that influence your decorating?

Since Texas has a short "winter" I have put up my Valentines Day items which consist of a wreath in the shape of a heart, and a Jim Shore Angel---she holds a rose and her wings form the shape of a heart...I have a spring floral arrangement on my dinning room table, and a vase with silk roses in a mercury vase on my coffee table...and some luminara candles on pillars on my bookcase along with another Jim Shore angel.

.Jim Shore Heartwood Creek 'Blessed Is Love In Bloom' Valentine's Angel 4040538

For St. Patrick's Day I have a couple of Belleek pieces---an angel, a kitty candy dish. I will add in my Easter stuff (Valerie Parr Rabbits and some Jim Shore bunnies and Jim Shore Easter basket...probably the first part of March since Easter is early....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I have a couple rabbits I'll put on the mantle, swap out candles and change the wreath on the front door. That sums it up. I'll change things out late March. I'm not sure when Easter is, but it doesn't change when I decorate.
Honored Contributor

On 1/22/2015 Marsha2003 said:

I don't really do much for Valentine's Day and nothing for St. Patrick's Day. I usually put out my Easter items in late March/early April because that seems like the start of spring to me. My bunnies aren't specifically Easter bunnies so I think they can stay out past Easter. What do you think?

I think that's perfect! I would guess most of us have spring bunnies and other decorations that can be used any time. It's not like at Christmas, when Santa Claus, reindeer, and Nativity scenes are more specific to Christmas. Although I have seen beautiful year-round Nativity displays. I have a wooden cross decorated with a ribbon and daffodil that one of my children made years ago. It stays out year round too!

SPURT - Your angel is beautiful!!

Esteemed Contributor

No, but it does influence our vacation week!! Off to the beach that week!!

Honored Contributor

I have snowman stuff out in my house still because it's all winter themed and not x-mas. On February 1, I will take that stuff down. I will put my Valentine Day wreath on the door and my heart mat. The day after VD, I will put my St. Paddy's Day wreath up and my shamrock mat out front. Then on the 18th, I will put my Easter wreath up, my spring mat and the few spring/Easter things I put in the house will go up.

Esteemed Contributor

No. Easter does not affect me at all.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

On 1/22/2015 SPURT said:

Since Texas has a short "winter" I have put up my Valentines Day items which consist of a wreath in the shape of a heart, and a Jim Shore Angel---she holds a rose and her wings form the shape of a heart...I have a spring floral arrangement on my dinning room table, and a vase with silk roses in a mercury vase on my coffee table...and some luminara candles on pillars on my bookcase along with another Jim Shore angel.

.Jim Shore Heartwood Creek 'Blessed Is Love In Bloom' Valentine's Angel 4040538

For St. Patrick's Day I have a couple of Belleek pieces---an angel, a kitty candy dish. I will add in my Easter stuff (Valerie Parr Rabbits and some Jim Shore bunnies and Jim Shore Easter basket...probably the first part of March since Easter is early....

Decorated my outside door with hearts about 10 days ago. I would say no about the Easter decorations until about 6 years ago it snowed on the Saturday before Easter. No one got to wear their Easter frock or bonnet to church the next morning. It looked like the dead of winter. Love that Texas weather, You Never Know!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I am in the process of decorating the Salvation Army donation center. I used to do all of that and then tired of it. I am getting rid of stuff now and getting ready to enter a new phase of life where I probably will move and get rid of a lot of excess baggage! I am doing it with a lot of enthusiasm and joy!

I do change sofa pillows with the seasons, and put out pretty throws for the colder months. That's about it. And change the dishes I keep in the cabinet for company. I do that seasonally even if it is only cups and salad plates--which I use for dessert usually.

Honored Contributor

I don't decorate for this one.

Honored Contributor

No influence on my decor. I might sit a few bunnies I have around and then again, I might not... I decorate for fall and a bit for Halloween, clearly for Christmas and winter but otherwise, I don't decorate specifically for holidays like Easter or, for that matter, for spring... Besides, spring is still quite a ways away.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...