Contributor

Re: EVINE'S CHRISTMAS SHOWS TODAY, 6/25

I checked out their Program guide items and did not see anything that really grabbed my attention.  Looking forward to HSN and QVC's Christmas in July!

Contributor

@rosehill wrote:

Peter, did you see the Marquis by Waterford sleighs in green and red glass? At first, I thought it was the same sleigh that you posted about last year. I bought 2 of those-one for my daughter in law and one for myself. But on closer inspection, these are a small version of the sleigh. I have to tell you that I love that clear glass sleigh from last year!

I thought those Waterford little sleighs were really cute and they were sold out almost from the get go.  

I also bought that Waterford sleigh from last year and it is gorgeous!

Trusted Contributor

@rosehill wrote:

Peter, did you see the Marquis by Waterford sleighs in green and red glass? At first, I thought it was the same sleigh that you posted about last year. I bought 2 of those-one for my daughter in law and one for myself. But on closer inspection, these are a small version of the sleigh. I have to tell you that I love that clear glass sleigh from last year!

Yes, Rose, I did see them last night.  I was thinking of you when they came on.  At first my jaw dropped when I saw the price, then, like you, I realized that they were smaller than the ones we bought.  I felt that the new ones were too small, and would be swallowed up in any of my displays. I hope all is well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have never watched Evine before, so I just went to browse their site and was shocked to see an item under Kurt Adler (457-763) that looks almost EXACTLY like VPH's set of 3 gingerbread houses offered during last year's CIJ shows (H203148). One of Kurt's houses is red, similar to a larger VPH GB house...no doubt made by the same overseas company. Additionally VPH's set offered gift bags for each house too...and still cost about 50% less than Kurt's set...LOL

I remember the VPH set I got...very poor quality and I sent it right back the same day. It reminded me of decor I could have easily picked up at the dollar stores. I checked my archives and I paid $36.34...($46.61 w/S&H + tax). 

The Evine 'event' price for Kurt's set was $74.17...and the reg Evine price is now $89.75...HOLY SMOKIES! Based upon the set I got, whoever put that price on it hopefully isn't doubling up on their meds...just saying Smiley Tongue

So folks, be careful of pricing even with a % off Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

Peter, you are so very sweet to send your good wishes to me. I am fine. I stop in here when I can. My 92 year old mother moved in with my husband and I in October, and I keep pretty busy with her. Her health is not that great, so some of my time goes to her. I still check in here, though. 

I love the Waterford sleigh that you alerted all of us to last year. I cannot remember exactly what I paid, but the price was shockingly low, and there was reduced shipping on the second one. Something that the Q should do. HSN offers reduced shipping on the second like item, too. It's a good  incentive for people to purchase more than one.

Respected Contributor

SL, I saw the exact same set & I couldn't believe how similar they are to the VPH ones from last year.  I purchased 2 sets because I knew there would be issues.  I traded a couple to get one good set and then sent the other one back.  What one must resort to...lol!  I am a huge fan of Kurt Adler but those gingerbread houses caused me to take pause.  I also tried to watch some programming yesterday, however I don't get that channel in HD so being the picky person I am, I didn't watch for long.  Their website didn't grab me either.  

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

SL, I saw the exact same set & I couldn't believe how similar they are to the VPH ones from last year.  I purchased 2 sets because I knew there would be issues.  I traded a couple to get one good set and then sent the other one back.  What one must resort to...lol!  I am a huge fan of Kurt Adler but those gingerbread houses caused me to take pause.  I also tried to watch some programming yesterday, however I don't get that channel in HD so being the picky person I am, I didn't watch for long.  Their website didn't grab me either.  

Hi BornToShop, Yes, the price for the quality/value of the GB houses was quite shocking to say the least! It's good you will be cautious due to previous purchases like me. Sometimes I will do as you do too...buying more than one or two to make sure I get a 'good' one. It shouldn't be that way though...