Honored Contributor

Dyson Pure Cool Fan/Air Purifier

Does anyone have one of these? They have good reviews. I thought about buying one just curious if anyone had one & how you like it or not?

It gets hot in the kitchen during the summer & I hate using a noisy fan. The Dyson is suppose to be quiet. I have to have airflow while I'm in the kitchen cooking.

I also like the idea of the air purifier. Allergies are going to be bad this year with our mild winter.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dyson Pure Cool Fan/Air Purifier

Wow no replies. I was hoping someone had one of these but I guess not. I wish it was available in town so it would be easy to return if we do not like it. I may just have to order it & try it.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz

Did you end up ordering this? If so, how do you like it? I'm in the market for a new air purifier & am always in need of a good, cooling fan! I own a Dyson Cool fan and like it.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Nightowlz

Did you end up ordering this? If so, how do you like it? I'm in the market for a new air purifier & am always in need of a good, cooling fan! I own a Dyson Cool fan and like it.

No I did not order it. I did not order the one Q had as the TSV the other day either since it was an older version. I could not find replacement filters for the one Q was selling. The newer one youcan use an App with I read the App did not work well. DH did not think it was worth the price so I did not buy one yet. I may still eventually buy one just not right now. We have plenty of fans but I thought since it also used the hepa filter which we could use would be a good idea. If they are going to come out with new versions & not have the filters for the older ones I'm not buying one. 

Like my iPad it's 4 1/2 yrs old & can no longer get updates. That's a lot of money to spend to not be able to get updates after only 4 1/2 yrs.

Respected Contributor

i don't have it but it has really good reviews on Amazon... I need one too

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz @fourpaws56

Thanks to both of you!

I'll check out the reviews on Amazon & also shop around a bit before purchasing something. I like multitaskers.

Honored Contributor

I'd simply caution buying anything like this with a 'replaceable' filter in it. Eventually those filters will become hard to find or completely obsolete, then half of the function of the product is lost. My mom had some air cleaners for many years and this happened with them.

Why the didn't make them with a filter you can wipe out and clean then reuse I don't know. There stuff is already super expensive, so just step it up one more notch and make the 'filter' a permanent and reusable type thing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

I'd simply caution buying anything like this with a 'replaceable' filter in it. Eventually those filters will become hard to find or completely obsolete, then half of the function of the product is lost. My mom had some air cleaners for many years and this happened with them.

Why the didn't make them with a filter you can wipe out and clean then reuse I don't know. There stuff is already super expensive, so just step it up one more notch and make the 'filter' a permanent and reusable type thing.

@Mominohio

I completely agree with you! I don't want to spend money on filters anyway. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mominohio

That is one reason I LOVE my Shark vacuum its an older model not liftaway, and I can wash the filters....it cost me a small fortune with my Eureka with the 3 filters I had to buy I think it was $59 for the set...OUCH!!!  And with my cats and cat hair I had to change the filters frequently...............I just think Dyson is overpriced for both fans and vacuums, and like you said I wouldnt count on the fan filters being around for a long time ..... As new models come in they will probably make the old filters obsolete to get you to buy their latest model......and QVC seems to have a habit of buying models that will soon be replaced by newer ones...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz

I bought a Holmes floor fan about 5 years ago and its still going strong in my Hot Texas summers (I turn my thermostat up a couple degrees and use a fan in my living room it really helps with my electric bill during the upper 90's and above summers).......And I came back and bought a second one for my bedroom...

It's not completely silent, but its not noisy----quiet on the low speeds and even pretty quiet on the high speesd.........has a remote too.................

http://www.qvc.com/catalog/search.html?langId=-1&storeId=10251&catalogId=10151&keyword=holmes+fan

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”