Super Contributor

Don't they make shower rod covers anymore??

I bought a set of great curtains for our living room. Turns out they have the large grommets that are meant to be put over a decorative rod. We still have the curved white rods up. The curtains work on them but they're just not decorative. I had a brilliant idea of putting a dark shower curtain rod cover over our white rods - I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work but it seems no one makes them anymore.

Does anyone know where I can get one or have a better idea without spending a nice chunk of change for two 85" wide windows??

TIA!

Re: Don't they make shower rod covers anymore??

I have been looking for the colorful plastic rods for a few years.   When I lived in New York  I never had a problem finding them.  I need 2 now and have been looking and can't find them.  I just found Home Depot has white ones I might have to check out.  I agree.   Don't they make them anymore?

Trusted Contributor

Simply Google "shower curtain rod covers", and you'll see plenty of sources.  I guess there are people who haven't yet learned to Google.......but you can find almost anything there!  I "Google" many times each day and don't know how I'd function without it!

Contributor

These have always been available in the shower curtain/bathroom section of our local  Bed Bath & Beyond.  Last time I was there, I saw them and seem to remember they have more than one color.  I've bought them there in the past,  Good luck in your search.

Valued Contributor

I was looking for these not too long ago for my closets (old house with wooden poles) since they make the hangers slide easier.  Did not occur to look at Bed Bath and Beyond!  I asked at 2 local hardware type stores and they just looked at me like I was crazy.  Thanks for the tip about BBB.

Trusted Contributor

Why don't you take the hardware down and spray paint it the color you want?

There are all kind of interesting colors and finishes available now. I am a spray paint junkie and renew all kinds of things using paint.

Quick and easy!

Respected Contributor

@dionline wrote:

I bought a set of great curtains for our living room. Turns out they have the large grommets that are meant to be put over a decorative rod. We still have the curved white rods up. The curtains work on them but they're just not decorative. I had a brilliant idea of putting a dark shower curtain rod cover over our white rods - I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work but it seems no one makes them anymore.

Does anyone know where I can get one or have a better idea without spending a nice chunk of change for two 85" wide windows??

TIA!

I would Google and see if there are any stores that sell them.  If they are not made anymore, maybe buy a rubbed oil finish new curtain rod at Home Depot or Lowe's.  It's naturally dark and they aren't expensive.

Honored Contributor

I bet Amazon has them...they have everything.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment

Thats a sarcastic reply.  Dont you think people have already tried that?

Honored Contributor

This OP is from 2012.