Honored Contributor

Does DH want a to give his opinion when you buy new home accessories?

I redid the great room couch with an attached back and lot of pillows in red  almost a year ago (below) by Cozy Life which is the quality level of Broyhill.  I also got a  large matching chair and ottoman.

I showed DH the pictures, but since I taught design, he just said to get what I wanted.

Now I'm ready to replace the lamps which were dark metal with handmade ceramic.  I'll probably just pick those out my self.

Do you and your hubby do all of this together like my neighbor?  He wouldn't ever let her have anything but beige! (But he watches a lot of tv).

Cozy Life Living Room SofaCozy Life Living Room Swivel Glider Chair

Cozy Life Living Room Swivel Glider Chair

Respected Contributor

Re: Does DH want a to give his opinion when you buy new home accessories?

Since I don't have a DH I can pick out whatever I want.  Smiley Happy   I've had friends whose husbands only wanted beige or navy, everything neutral, even bed sheets.     

Honored Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

Since I don't have a DH I can pick out whatever I want.  Smiley Happy   I've had friends whose husbands only wanted beige or navy, everything neutral, even bed sheets.     

I just tell DH after I buy something, he has no input.  Of course when it comes to holiday decor,  that's another story, lol, as he thinks I buy too much of that, and he is right.

Super Contributor

Yes my DH and I picked out our family room furniture together.   We desperately needed a new sofa as the old one was sagging.   We found a set that we agreed on at a local store that is going out of business.   Our criteria was that I could lay on the couch as I am very tall and we had to have enough seat and back room.   We got the complete set, sofa, love seat and chair.   

Respected Contributor

Yes, he will go shopping and provide input into larger home decor items like furniture and lamps.  A couple of times he had made choices that I was not 100% on board with -- but they were good choices that I was ultimately happy with.  I figure, he lives here too!

He does not provide input into every accessory, like a pillow or a candle.  Just the big stuff.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Frequent Contributor

Inside house is my territory outside is his except for patio furniture, the color of the house and where the flowers go. I guess he does what I want and never complains. I pick out everything. If hubby didn't like hubby don't have to sit. 

Esteemed Contributor

DH will go along with me to look, but lets me make the final decision....
Respected Contributor

DH is always entitled to his opinion regarding holiday/home decor.  I swear I always listen to him (ya' right). However, I reserve the right in exchange to off my input on his golf clubs and fishing poles...!  

Honored Contributor

We make a joint decision on comfortability to each of us, discuss durability factors and that type of thing, but when it comes to design, style, color, etc., he leaves that to me. He has always said he likes my choices and thinks our home looks good.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

We discuss all purchases that are >$100 before we buy them, so no surprises .