Honored Contributor

Re: Do you clean with bleach?

Cleaning the bathroom is no day at the bleach.

Valued Contributor

I use a commercial cleaning product with bleach in my shower and I use regular household bleach when I launder towels. I only purchase white towels, hand towels, and wash cloths just for this reason. I don't use it anywhere else.

Frequent Contributor

I wear an apron while cleaning to hopefully avoid splashing bleach on my clothes. Rinsing the kitchen sink with bleach is a great idea!
Respected Contributor

Use regular Clorox in the laundry. Have the outdoor version to clean stains off the front sidewalk and driveway. Works for me.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/3/2015 Beauty$Junkie said:

Warning, whatever you do, don't get bleach mixed with vinegar. I accidentally did this last week, and it creates a caustic chlorine gas. Make sure you properly dilute you beach.

I didn't know that about vinegar. But I do know about mixing bleach and ammonia, years ago my DH's grandma almost killed herself with that combo of cleaning things. It was pretty bad.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

I clean with bleach regularly and I have the spotted clothes to prove it;try as I might to avoid splash I always see a few little specks on my pants. I always use bleach in the washrag and towel loads.

Esteemed Contributor

I clean with bleach regularly and I have the spotted clothes to prove it;try as I might to avoid splash I always see a few little specks on my pants. I always use bleach in the washrag and towel loads. I have towels I bought at Target that are bleach friendly and don't spot. I don't pour directly on the towels of course.

Honored Contributor

I use Clorox wipes, Clorox Clean Up and diluted Clorox for various things. It's not my go-to, but it is in the mix as warranted.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Contributor

I use bleach to clean almost everything - whites/floors/bathroom tiles/tub/some utensils

I dilute it and use spray bottle to clean the tiles/tub. I love it as it requires no scrubbing

Super Contributor

I would never use bleach - it is a caustic chemical and it is not needed. Vinegar, baking soda, and hydrogen peroxide can take care of all cleaning needs.